NBA 2k11 "best sports game of this generation"

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've started a new My Player. Still in the Draft combine lol. 6'9 PF this time, got real frustrated at my last guy so I quit on him haha.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure what you did before, but scoring inside is not easy. Very tough if you're not willing to try a few inside moves.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
continuing to destroy the opposition atm won 7-8 only loosing to LA. We did manage to beat Dallas Who are top of the Confrence atm. Just missed out on a triple double last game against the kings with 24 Points 15 Rebounds and 9 Assists. Finally got Assists sorted now :). Had a good moment against the Raptors when on 2 Fouls as I took the Free-Throws the Crowd where shouting MVP. Was nice to see. Averages for the season are looking real good now 26 PPG 3 APG and 5 RPG. Shame I'll miss out on Rookie Of The Year with only a handful of games left now but next season I'll go for MVP I reckon ;)

Last edited:

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Not sure what you did before, but scoring inside is not easy. Very tough if you're not willing to try a few inside moves.
I find it quite easy actually. Shooting over 60% and I never settle for jump-shots unless time's running out.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
well got Western Confrence Rookie and Player Of the Month for March and we're in 8th now after a victory over OK Thunder. 9 wins in 10 games if we can win most of the rest of our regular season games we're going all the way to the Finals :)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
continuing to destroy the opposition atm won 7-8 only loosing to LA. We did manage to beat Dallas Who are top of the Confrence atm. Just missed out on a triple double last game against the kings with 24 Points 15 Rebounds and 9 Assists. Finally got Assists sorted now :). Had a good moment against the Raptors when on 2 Fouls as I took the Free-Throws the Crowd where shouting MVP. Was nice to see. Averages for the season are looking real good now 26 PPG 3 APG and 5 RPG. Shame I'll miss out on Rookie Of The Year with only a handful of games left now but next season I'll go for MVP I reckon ;)

Its enough to get you Rookie of year award. Just get active on board and leave scoring to other if they can score.

My player is now 3rd overall in with 30 PPG and 12 RPG. IN efficiency rating I am at 8th overall.

With last games coming for season, its chance to score 2X with key games coming against teams fighting for seeding.

When trading window was nearing close team asked me to pick 5 players we should have in team and they went for no one of them and bought Tracy McGrady instead. I just want a solid defensive center and they cant listen to me.

SciD added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

I've started a new My Player. Still in the Draft combine lol. 6'9 PF this time, got real frustrated at my last guy so I quit on him haha.

Hopefully its Athletic PF this time. :p

Which team got you?

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
I wont don't even appear on the shortlist for it and have only played over half the games. On the scoring side without my imput we would loose to be honest. The rest just arent consistent enough. still only lost one in the last 10 games.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Hopefully its Athletic PF this time. :p

Which team got you?
Yeah athletic PF. Drafted 10th by the Hornets, still only in the summer circuit, haven't been playing it too much lately.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am now 4th in MVP list and got my own branded shoe after 65 games. I call it SD23 and it gives +8 in medium range shot. :)

cricketking10

School Cricketer
Can anyone give some advice about defense? Last night I was playing on pro with the Heat against the Bucks, and I ended up losing something like 84-48.

I only got the game yesterday so all the settings are default, I haven't changed any sliders. Oh and I play 8 minute halves.

My problem is that I can't seem to shadow the ball handler that well, giving them an easy lane to the basket. I've tried holding down L2 + R2 but i'm still getting owned!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Were you Heat or Bucks? From what I have seen in the game Bucks are 3 point scoring team and Heat are dependent on James for scoring. James can score from anywhere so guarding him is impossible and you have to accept 30-40 points from him in every game you play against Heat.

For defense its good to have good quickness so that you do not loose your player and don't fall for pump fake as it invariably leads to posterized dunk.

cricketking10

School Cricketer
I was the heat. I think I'm just going to have to practice to get better at defense to be honest. I'm often a sucker for the pump fake which doesn't really help! I've got a little bit better at D since I last posted just by practicing in game situations. Just quite a big learning curve with this game I believe

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I'm doing association mode with the Clippers at the moment. Just shot 10-10 3pt'ers against the Warriors with Eric Gordon. He's been shooting brilliantly from down town all season, over 50% after 10 games.

What are the chances of Carmelo Anthony testing Free Agency in the off season? Would have a great all round team with a decent SF.

cricketking10

School Cricketer
Just won my first game! I was Miami against Utah (playing NBA today ahead of tonights game) and I won in overtime 89-71! My D was ok this time because I didn't always use on ball D. Wade got 32 points, 4 assists and 10 rebounds. LeBron got 24 points, 6 assists and 11 rebounds. Was an enjoyable game and great to finally get a win!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Just shot 10-10 3pt'ers against the Warriors with Eric Gordon. He's been shooting brilliantly from down town all season, over 50% after 10 games.
The nest game after I said this Gordon got injured in the first minute of the game, out for 6 weeks. Randy Fiye stepped up though and nailed 20 first quarter points and finished with 38. Loving the Clippers.

Users who are viewing this thread