New BLIC Gameplay Video

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did anybody see that in the PAUSE screen we dont have the AUTOPLAY option.

It must be in the game but wasnt visible in the option.

Just think what mi8 happen if we dont have autoplay possible.

squiz

International Coach
To be fair, autoplay isn't really cheating, you may want not want to bat or bowl, or may be low in time

brad352

Executive member
squiz said:
To be fair, autoplay isn't really cheating, you may want not want to bat or bowl, or may be low in time
Or sim for fantasy comps and such- important feature

I sincerely hope that isn't supposed to say "might" :eek:

umpirestrikes

School Cricketer
I found that using Autoplay for bowling was the only way to get a decent game in Cricket 2004 as the opposition used to get out for really low scores becasue of stupid run outs

Briggsey

International Coach
impressed with the video for BLIC, only dissapointment is the fake names, but at least we can modify them ourselves. It looks a lot more smoother than the C2005 video and a lot better, different commentary also gives it another up on the C2005 as that commentary just seems to be the same as 2004. Cant wait for the game to come.

nickypoo

School Cricketer
Briggsey said:
impressed with the video for BLIC, only dissapointment is the fake names, but at least we can modify them ourselves. It looks a lot more smoother than the C2005 video and a lot better, different commentary also gives it another up on the C2005 as that commentary just seems to be the same as 2004. Cant wait for the game to come.
yeah i think we were all a little disappointed by the fake names however im preety sure you will be able to get editing guides etc for this similar to those that have been made for pro evolution soccer. Im very excited about this game! :D

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
You know, I still don't know why they don't do a better job with the gameplay video. I mean, what I would do is show the wide range of shots, wickets, and bowling styles - rather than just show two batsmen getting out in a row and watching a delivery go for 4 byes. Here's what I would show:

1. A nice backward or forward defensive shot against a pace bowler.
2. A sweetly timed cover drive for 4.
3. A leg glance and taking the quick single.
4. A powerful square cut off the back foot.
5. A spinner beating the batsman with a beautiful offspin delivery that spins away from him after pitching just short of a length.
6. A medium pace bowler who finds the batsman's edge and the catch taken at first slip.
7. The batsman rapped on the pads directly in front - a loud appeal and the umpire's finger goes up.

That would be a much better representation of what the game has to offer.

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
yup, the videos were sorta amateurish, but regarding BLIC, i still liked what I saw.
James Anderson had a different stance and way of batting as he was a tailender. The bowling action is sorta weird, like he needs to run tothe toilet, but it looks better than the slow motion stuff in EA's video.
i wouldnt be worried about teh speed of the bowling as the CPU must have attempted the slower delivery. the other deliveries at about 130kph were fine and didnt seem flighted.
the only problem is that the batsman plays the shot as an afterthought, and that sort of ruins the smooth transition.

game looks great! cant wait to get a hold of it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
CaptainOZ said:
You know, I still don't know why they don't do a better job with the gameplay video. I mean, what I would do is show the wide range of shots, wickets, and bowling styles - rather than just show two batsmen getting out in a row and watching a delivery go for 4 byes. Here's what I would show:

1. A nice backward or forward defensive shot against a pace bowler.
2. A sweetly timed cover drive for 4.
3. A leg glance and taking the quick single.
4. A powerful square cut off the back foot.
5. A spinner beating the batsman with a beautiful offspin delivery that spins away from him after pitching just short of a length.
6. A medium pace bowler who finds the batsman's edge and the catch taken at first slip.
7. The batsman rapped on the pads directly in front - a loud appeal and the umpire's finger goes up.

That would be a much better representation of what the game has to offer.
The video is unofficial, it was captured by a Rugby fan who doesn't like cricket. To him, a square cut is a hairstyle.

khan31

International Coach
LoL! Skateboarder!

Anyways very pleased with BLIC. I was going to get both but looking at Cricket 2005's vid I think I'll just stick to BLIC. Great bowling actions, realistic batting animations and awesome fielding capabilities. And btw for those stupid ppl who are hoping for EA to highly improve Cricket 05 GET REAL! How can they possibly vastly improve gameplay (bowling actions,batting stances ETC) as well as making different players more induvidual in less than a month! LOL BLIC Im coming for ya

Thank you
Eamon

Last edited:

punter

School Cricketer
slight problem the names are fake because flintoff is flintiff otherwise awsome i dont no wat us r going on about the late shots tho because theyve fixed it up

umair

School Cricketer
hello every 1 ...i think its a early stage video bcoz no batsman's confedence meter in the video ...wat u think guys ??

Users who are viewing this thread