BLIC GamerTV Preview Video

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
The UK's Bravo Channel has been showing a video preview of BLIC on its "GamerTV" programme during the last week and thanks to forum member Graham1 we are able to bring it to in our screenshots/videos gallery.

The video is in Windows Media format (Realplayer will be added tomorrow) and shows ODIs between England and the West Indies at the Oval and West Indies against South Africa and a classic match between England and Australia. It also shows nets practice and a test match between Australia and India were the Hawkeye feature is shown.

Two stills from the video are shown below and you can View the actual video here.

wmplayer%202005-06-08%2023-40-28-04.jpg
wmplayer%202005-06-08%2023-40-18-98.jpg

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Thanks ste and Thanks graham.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
dissapointed

i hate saying this but the game looked horrible!!!

1. batsman TOO STIFF
2. player names
3. commentary is BORING
4. brian lara looked like he was getting himself situated to play right handed :rolleyes:

fardin

I am disappointed as well,

Player names,As you can see in the picture above The name Rahul Dravid is spelled uncorrectly Rather it is Rahul Druvad and That sucks.

Graphics,Looks like cricket 2000

Batsman,Hate to say it but the batsman looks way off balance

The wicket keeper even worse standing way close and it doesnt look realistic at all

bowler,The action sucks the delievery of the speed even more the ball seems to be traveling so slow way too slow,

commentators,Ok

kits,Way too old

grounds,All right.

I give the game 65/100

Last edited:

sami007

Club Cricketer
well i dont know about this one guys....based on the video, it doesnt look too bad. its hard to tell from a video. when youre palying the actual game, thats when you get a true feel for it. it looks pretty exciting to me. the names, that is just a minor detail. if its an fast bowler with a very penetrating and consistent line and he plays for australia and his name is mcgrith....its pretty easy to tell who theyre talking about. lets just wait till demos and then see what those are like

Hicksy551993

Club Captain
wow.... what a dissapointment

graphics are very dissapointing, the most dissapointing would have to be how the batsmen are suddenly out of nowhere in the middle of there shot and doesnt look smooth at all.

anybody esle realise that they called for the 3rd umpire in the classic match? not sure they had a third umpire back then...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
too much of expectations!!!! I am satisfied with the video so far....

fardin

saisrini80 said:
too much of expectations!!!! I am satisfied with the video so far....

I think we are expecting too much from codies.
I am also satisfied,but expectations were higher then the video looks.
It is not The fans fault because they have developed bl 99 which was a hit so they had the right to expect some thing great from them 6 years later.

T20

Panel of Selectors
mixed feelings..some good things but clearly they have some work to do before the release.

fardin

Shailesh said:
mixed feelings..some good things but clearly they have some work to do before the release.

The video was the preview nothing will be changed The original game will look the same as the preview I believe.

rashaba16

Club Cricketer
not great. brian lara looks to be a right hander! i mean come on! he doesn't mark his guard like a right hander. [maybe all players are like that, whether or not are right/left handed. pathetic! also 3rd umpire in a CLASSIC MATCH. :rolleyes: . also, from the video codemasters released on their website, did anyone notice that whenever the stumps are hit the bails fly up the same way? no difference in it.ea might actually win this one.

[don't argue about which one is better now. we're just talking about the video. note this one is developed out of ea canada...so things MAY be different. :upray hopefully!]

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
didnt live up to all the expectations but its good enough

crick4life

International Cricketer
More than happy with what I see from the videos apart from the late batsman reaction, field setup and thrid umpire in classic matches. The late batsman movement is something we may get used once we start playing quite regularly.

Pluses for me are :

1. Bowling actions are awesome and the bowler uses the crease very well.
2. In the nets the bowler went a yard ahead, that says the bowlers will bowl no balls.
3. Keeper position for collecting the ball and whipping the bails are very realistic.
4. The appeal by the bowler looks absolutely authentic as well as the expressions on the umpires face when he denied the appeal.The bowler's disappointment is not just shown in the facial express but the lip movement as well. When did we last have a bowler mouthing off or speaking a word or two in any cricket game?
5. Yet again you could see the disappointment in the batter's facial expression as well as the lip movement. How much more realistic can it get?
6. The non striker walks back into the crease the moment the ball is bowled.
7. Just before the ball is bowled the keeper is moving towards the line of the ball.
8. Have a look at the follow through of the bolwer, he is running few steps after the ball has been bowled and is getting off the pitch.
9. The background audio is excellent, the crowd reaction as well as the horns going off when the Widies batters are on to the ground is good detail.
10. The speed meter for the bowler goes away just before the ball is bowled so that is not going to annoy us when playing either.
11. There is strain on the fielder when he is throwing the ball, the leg lifts off the ground which is quite a good animation for fielders too. There is a speed meter for throwing, when did we ever have different arm strength for fielders ever in any cricket game?
12. Had we ever seen a fielder turning around and picking the ball up and then throwing. There are quite a few animations for the fielders too by the looks of it and it looks quite realistic.

Overall I am more than happy compared to any cricket games released so far. The animations are very smooth and aren't jerky as was before.

The field setups are disappointing and hope they have sorted that out. You don't often go with slips, gully and a forward short leg in one day format. Also one of the field has 7 fielders outside the circle which is fairly unreal in ODI format.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
Is it just me or did the speed-gun read 102 mph (below that 164 kph)? if u watch real carefully when the bowler is mouthing off the umpire :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread