New (Proper) Gameplay Video - Cricket Australia TV

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The batsmen wait to long before they play the shot, and when they finally go to play the shot, they do everything in about .10 of a second.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
They better not have it how spinners are bowling at 35km/h and pace bowlers are bowling at 80km/h when the bar is still pretty much full. That was ridiculously slow.

Lol, yeah. In 2005 version, The speeds of a fast-bowling career player don't go more than 114km/ph, I'm afraid. In fact, you get 114km/ph when you bowl the slower ball! lol! The others are pretty much around 80kph. That's one disappointing feature though, despite all the nice things about the game, the ball doesn't go the batsmen realistically. In a simple manner, the speeds are over-shown in the game, unlike in real-life, you know it's a fast ball or a slower one when the ball's delivered. Perhaps that's got to do something with the FPS of the game.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Yeah in BLIC 2007 too it was also the same feature. In there Nitini always bowl above 150 Km/h and Brett Lee like other bowlers can't bowl above 114Km/h. By seeing the video it is also the same so we can only hope that videos was old built.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It looks OK! Agreed that the bowling still looks too slow and most of the video was watching player's reactions: what's the point of that?? Show us the screen more, people. Also, why do none of these videos ever have the game's sound in them?

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
That's definatly put me off buying the game. Cricket 07 with all its flaws still has a decent enough gameplay engine

graham

Club Captain
i think it looks good to me lets wait till codemaster show there gameplay vids , i do worry that this game is less then 28 days from release and nothing from codemasters :cool:

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
i think it looks good to me lets wait till codemaster show there gameplay vids , i do worry that this game is less then 28 days from release and nothing from codemasters :cool:

You got me excited now!

player786

Club Cricketer
well atleast if the games turns out not to be as good then we cannt blame them for over-hyping the game

Huegel

School Cricketer
Well personally, I'm fairly pleased with what I'm seeing.
Sure, there are still things that niggle, but no game is ever going to be perfect, we have real cricket for that. ;)
I'm approaching this game optimistically. I'm buying on day of release and from what I've seen and read, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

:cheers for the vid.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well personally, I'm fairly pleased with what I'm seeing.
Sure, there are still things that niggle, but no game is ever going to be perfect, we have real cricket for that. ;)
I'm approaching this game optimistically. I'm buying on day of release and from what I've seen and read, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

:cheers for the vid.

I'm not; made that mistake with BLIC 2007. I'll wait for a demo and some reader reviews. Even if that takes a couple of weeks, there'll still be a few Tests left of the Ashes series.

stevo1

Club Cricketer

This video was posted on youtube by Cricket Australia TV and features actual gameplay. It's got Graham Manou, Mitchell Johnson, Shane Watson, James Hopes and Callum Ferguson playing the game.

"He's brought on grievous bodily Harmison and is getting tucked up everywhere."

Last edited by a moderator:

Eon

Club Cricketer
Yea i found that funny myself. Would like to have seen a bit more of actual gameplay footage but i guess once its released i will get plenty of first hand... so cut about not getting a chance at going to the hands on at codemasters. why cant there be one in brisbane

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Look out for the official PC preview in a couple of weeks too guys when we test it at Codemasters in the UK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread