Australia's T20I and ODI squads

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australian ODI squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (v-capt), Nathan Bracken, Callum Ferguson, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Tim Paine, Peter Siddle, Shane Watson, Cameron White. (Tim Paine selected subject to fitness)

Australian Twenty20 squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Brad Haddin (v-capt), Callum Ferguson, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Dirk Nannes, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

Australia call up for Dutch seamer Nannes - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

No Warner in the ODI team but White regains his spot. David Hussey no longer considered for ODIs. Bollinger misses out on both squads, selectors really don't reate him.

The two surprises come in Paine and Nannes. About time Nannes was rewarded for his T20 form.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How can Nannes represent two countries in two moths? :laugh

Aussies limited overs form has been slightly iffy. Although they did beat Pakistan in UAE. But good thing is England don't look like getting any score from the middle order.

Haven't selectors found out that White does not belong.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They love Paine (understandable; he's quite adorable) and he gave some good performances with Australia A, but it's still a little surprising. I guess it was not uncommon for Haddin to be picked in squads with Gilchrist and with Haddin still carrying an injury, it seems prudent. Manou misses out in favour of a better one day batsman and one who can play up the order. That's not to say that Paine is a firebrand; he is elegant at best, but he does make hundreds and his straight technique might be at its most useful on an English morning.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
T20 line up for you:

Shane Watson
David Warner
Michael Clarke (capt)
David Hussey
Callum Ferguson,
Brad Haddin (v-capt)
Cameron White
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Nathan Hauritz
Ben Hilfenhaus

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
A very big risk having Paine as a keeper if he plays. He's not consistent at all. I remember he had a really bad run for Tassie and was gonna get dropped.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
My T20 line up
1) David Warner
2) Brad Haddin
3) Shane Watson
4) Michael Clarke
5)David Hussey
6) Cameron White
7) Callum Ferguson
8) Mitchell Johnson
9) Brett Lee
10) Natahan Hauritz
11) Ben Hilfenhaus

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
No Hopes and Siddle in line up though.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So how much longer will Nathan Bracken last for in international cricket, I can't see him lasting much longer. And why is Clarke in the T20 team, he's horrible at it. If Australia want to get serious about it the logical thing to do would be to get rid of him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Our selectors will never drop Clarke, even though we know he sucks at T20 they just won't drop the vice or in this case the captain. Bracken still is our best ODI bowler, seems to lack the wicket taking ability for mind. Will depend how he goes in the next few series.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty poor squad IMO, our limited overs team has been nothing short of pathetic lately and a major shakeup is required. Good to see Nannes picked, although I can't believe he'd still be eligible having just player for the Netherlands. The T20 team is good to see with some new guys in, but the ODI team needs a major shakeup, more than one new player is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread