5. Shane Watson
6. David Hussey
7. James Hopes
8. Mitchel Johnson
9. Nathan Hauritz
10. Peter Siddle
11. Ben Hilfenhaus

with other members of my squad being
Ben Laughlin, Doug Bollinger, Adam Voges, T Paine (i just like his name lol), Leigh Carseldine, Dirk Nannes, Nathan Bracken, Rob Quiney

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I don't get that aye. There's something really wrong with that. Ridiculous.

Something about Netherlands not being a full ICC member, the ICC encourages that if a player has not been picked as part of a squad for a full ICC playing nation, the player who hasn't been picked (In this case, Dirk Nannes) is able to play for Netherlands. Or something like that.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think australia squad is quite nice in one day's and twenty in twenty basically they have good bowling attack rather then batting i am not saying batting is weak but bowling look's better.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bumble on Twitter: 'check Oz ODI squad ...they really change things around...LOTS of new names'

Where are all these new names? The only guy in either squad I've not seen play is Tim Paine, but I've heard alot about him. Just further proof that the Sky team do not watch any cricket outside the games England are featured in.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Would play this ODI team consistently:

Shane Watson
David Warner
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Callum Ferguson
Brad Haddin
Mitchell Johnson/Nathan Hauritz/Peter Siddle
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Ben Hilfenhaus

I'd would permanently ban James Hopes and Cameron White from the national sides and bring Doug Bollinger, David Hussey and Brad Hodge in. Honourable mentions to Dirk Nannes and Phil Hughes.

Shaun Marsh should never play cricket again let alone international cricket

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bumble on Twitter: 'check Oz ODI squad ...they really change things around...LOTS of new names'

Where are all these new names? The only guy in either squad I've not seen play is Tim Paine, but I've heard alot about him. Just further proof that the Sky team do not watch any cricket outside the games England are featured in.

Hope he was being sarcastic as Paine is the only new name.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He clearly wasn't. He won't have watched any of the Australian cricket over the winter, as the Sky team clearly aren't fussed if England aren't playing. So he wouldn't have seen the likes of Ferguson, Hopes, Voges, Dussey, White and probably Warner. The only time he would have seen them is if they'd played County Cricket in England, which is a possibility, but he clearly hasn't seen any of them playing for Australia.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well he was talking about the ODI squad so the only other name he wouldn't heard of would be Ferguson. White has been around for 3 years and even played against the English so I would like to hear his definition of 'lots'. I guess you could could Siddle who has only bowled 3 overs in the ODI arena but hes played 4 Ashes Test so is he really that new?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I think it's pretty certain that he doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps mentioning Peter Trego as an excellent One Day cricketer, with exceptional One Day stats. I looked his stats up:

81 Matches, 957 runs at 18.40 with a High Score of 78 + 88 wickets at 30.70.

Guess Bumble must have extremely low standards, those are far from exceptional One Day stats.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think it's pretty certain that he doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps mentioning Peter Trego as an excellent One Day cricketer, with exceptional One Day stats. I looked his stats up:

81 Matches, 957 runs at 18.40 with a High Score of 78 + 88 wickets at 30.70.

Guess Bumble must have extremely low standards, those are far from exceptional One Day stats.

Easy explanation, Bumbles a drongo.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I can hear him already; "I like the look of this Paine fellow, good solid technique, seems an organised player."

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Followed shortly by; "I like the look of this Warner lad, I don't know him, but he seems a strong character, looks organised at the crease. START THE CAR!!!!"

His commentary has become so repetitive, and he's nowhere near as funny as he used to be. I'm still convinced he died a couple of years back, and they're just playing back old Bumble lines via a nifty Soundboard.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
He can be seen as well as heard, though. I guess that's probably Hawkeye predicting what he would have looked like.

Users who are viewing this thread