New update to Cricket Academy Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey everyone,

A new update for the Cricket Academy Beta on Steam just went live. There's a lot of updates to go through, so I've broken it down into several big points.

The updates are as follows:

LOGO CREATOR
  • Includes an SVG Importer.
  • 3 Node tools for endless creation possibilities (Straight, Curve, Bezier).
  • Overlay option - Import an image to trace over with nodes to help bring your creation to life.
  • Colour, saturation and brightness swatches to select from over 16 million different colour options.
  • Gradients - Linear or Radial Gradients with the ability to select different scales and start points.

TEAMS
  • Create men's and women's teams.
  • Create uniforms, manage squad, lineups, choose team logos, and colours.
  • Add created logos to uniforms.
  • Position, scale, rotate and flip logos to perfect what your uniforms look like.
  • Add overlay function.

PLAYERS
  • Makeup added for female players.
  • Equipment tile opened for bat creation.
  • 5 bat models to select from.
  • Add created logos to bats.
  • Position, scale, rotate and flip logos to perfect how your bat will look.
  • General lighting, morph and texture improvements.
  • Add overlay function.

----

Give it a go and let us know your feedback!

Get it from Steam: Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo on Steam

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And if I'm not mistaken, you can set the opening bowlers for each line up

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@MattW The cursor and the grid selector [whatever that is] are not in sync..

20160727111112_1.jpg

Red circle is the place the cursor was.

Just now gave equipment a try and seems like its out of sync everywhere..

Going to my player to check it out and placing the cursor on Appearance highlights equipments...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Another thing noticed is that Keyboard controls are also changed now..Its become complicated for me..

5 has become reset to the center position..4 and 6 to move right and left but cannot find the option to move up and down..

Another thing is when I use arrows to scroll through option/category the "Enter" sign disappears and am not able to go back in to select through the options available..My only option then becomes going back page and starting again..

Note: These issues are ones I am facing..Maybe I am missing something here..If, yes please guide..

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW The cursor and the grid selector [whatever that is] are not in sync..

Red circle is the place the cursor was.

Just now gave equipment a try and seems like its out of sync everywhere..

Going to my player to check it out and placing the cursor on Appearance highlights equipments...
It's a resolution issue, running below 1080 will cause some mis-matches with the cursor.

We have it on our list to fix up soon.

Another thing noticed is that Keyboard controls are also changed now..Its become complicated for me..

5 has become reset to the center position..4 and 6 to move right and left but cannot find the option to move up and down..

Another thing is when I use arrows to scroll through option/category the "Enter" sign disappears and am not able to go back in to select through the options available..My only option then becomes going back page and starting again..

Note: These issues are ones I am facing..Maybe I am missing something here..If, yes please guide..
W and S should control up and down when you're within a slider. In some sub-sections it's 3 and 4 for left and right. This will be corrected in a future update.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you've had with losing the enter sign, other than having the tabs selected (which just requires you to press right on the arrow keys), are you able to get a screenshot of this happening?

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hey everyone,

A new update for the Cricket Academy Beta on Steam just went live. There's a lot of updates to go through, so I've broken it down into several big points.

The updates are as follows:

LOGO CREATOR
  • Includes an SVG Importer.
  • 3 Node tools for endless creation possibilities (Straight, Curve, Bezier).
  • Overlay option - Import an image to trace over with nodes to help bring your creation to life.
  • Colour, saturation and brightness swatches to select from over 16 million different colour options.
  • Gradients - Linear or Radial Gradients with the ability to select different scales and start points.

TEAMS
  • Create men's and women's teams.
  • Create uniforms, manage squad, lineups, choose team logos, and colours.
  • Add created logos to uniforms.
  • Position, scale, rotate and flip logos to perfect what your uniforms look like.
  • Add overlay function.

PLAYERS
  • Makeup added for female players.
  • Equipment tile opened for bat creation.
  • 5 bat models to select from.
  • Add created logos to bats.
  • Position, scale, rotate and flip logos to perfect how your bat will look.
  • General lighting, morph and texture improvements.
  • Add overlay function.

----

Give it a go and let us know your feedback!

Get it from Steam: Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo on Steam
I got a unique issue, I had version 0.0.65 prior to today. And i updated to 0.0.67 and when i say play it gives me preparing to launch and sits there watching me. Wonder if any1 else has this issue.

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I opened up DBC17 Demo with the new update 0.0.67 and the graphics don't look very good. It looks like the game has got a downgrade in graphics. I don't know if something might be wrong with my graphics card or not because it didn't look like that before.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One look at the teams that are present in new update, I can say that the career mode is going to have so much depth! Wow! :D

Also I'm curious, can created logos be used for Competition Icons? And by that can it added to competitions that will be available in the career mode?
Along those lines, will the competition names be editable for the career mode?

I opened up DBC17 Demo with the new update 0.0.67 and the graphics don't look very good. It looks like the game has got a downgrade in graphics. I don't know if something might be wrong with my graphics card or not because it didn't look like that before.

Are you sure? I think the textures have improved so much! They look super realistic. What resolution are you running on?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It's a resolution issue, running below 1080 will cause some mis-matches with the cursor.

We have it on our list to fix up soon.

W and S should control up and down when you're within a slider. In some sub-sections it's 3 and 4 for left and right. This will be corrected in a future update.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you've had with losing the enter sign, other than having the tabs selected (which just requires you to press right on the arrow keys), are you able to get a screenshot of this happening?
Hope the previous combo are allowed or an option to edit them would be good as I was very comfortable with it..[Y,G,H,J]

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I got a unique issue, I had version 0.0.65 prior to today. And i updated to 0.0.67 and when i say play it gives me preparing to launch and sits there watching me. Wonder if any1 else has this issue.

Went to Steam uninstalled the local version.
Installed fresh still the same.
Moment I click on Play ... preparing to launch the game comes up
But then it just sits there.
I was able to play the 0.0.65 version all fine.

@HBK619 @MattW @BigAntStudios please help.

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
One look at the teams that are present in new update, I can say that the career mode is going to have so much depth! Wow! :D

Also I'm curious, can created logos be used for Competition Icons? And by that can it added to competitions that will be available in the career mode?
Along those lines, will the competition names be editable for the career mode?

Are you sure? I think the textures have improved so much! They look super realistic. What resolution are you running on?

I am running on 1920x1080

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@MattW: Whats the new 31mb update?

Love the default logos of teams..Kudos to the creator..:thumbs

Hope they include such logos for the ones left with BA logo in the future updates..

Great depth like @SibiNaayagam said..

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Went to Steam uninstalled the local version.
Installed fresh still the same.
Moment I click on Play ... preparing to launch the game comes up
But then it just sits there.
I was able to play the 0.0.65 version all fine.

@HBK619 @MattW @BigAntStudios please help.

I had this the first time I clicked play. I restarted steam and it worked fine.

I am running on 1920x1080

Hmmm...that's curious. I thought the new update has taken it from really good to amazingly detailed. Except for the distorted circles of light reflection on the model's hair, which seems odd. But that is not even a big deal.

EDIT: I guess they have added a sharpen effect to the model which is giving grains over the model. It looks great but when you rotate, it's looking like a mask than a texture effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread