New Zealand Domestic Season

Kruger van Wyk to play for Central Districts

Doesn't really mean much to me.
CD's weak point has always been their keeper with Griggs, so this will help strengthen them.
I'm not sure who's going to take his place as the Canterbury keeper, unless they decide to develop a younger unknown player.

Also good to see nine Kiwis in the English domestic T20 competition, even if it is just T20. Their domestic system would have to be the best in-place, with 18 counties plus the Unicorns, and Netherlands/Scotland/Ireland etc.
Over a quarter of Gloucestershire's team is going to be Kiwis, with Ian Butler, James Franklin and Hamish Marshall.

Really one of Reece Young and Gareth Hopkins should move down because it's a bit of a waste having them both at Auckland...

Really one of Reece Young and Gareth Hopkins should move down because it's a bit of a waste having them both at Auckland...

lol, we cant help producing international class players :sarcasm

and they should show the friends provident t20 season on sky sports nz considering how many kiwis are playing in it.

Yeah, they show that IPL crap, but TBH I'd prefer to watch Aus/Eng DOM cricket.

Yeah, they show that IPL crap, but TBH I'd prefer to watch Aus/Eng DOM cricket.

Same here.

And I think it's a shame for Griggs, he seems like a really nice guy and team mate, and I'm not a fan of van Wyk...

lol, we cant help producing international class players :sarcasm

Auckland cricket didn't produce Gareth Hopkins :)

Same here.

And I think it's a shame for Griggs, he seems like a really nice guy and team mate, and I'm not a fan of van Wyk...

Haha why's that?

Strange move though I agree, I really can't see why he'd want to move to CD tbh (perhaps playing on the Napier road enticed him).

I don't know, something about him. I not really a fan of these internationals who decide to jump ship when they realise they'll never make it in their own country.

I was going to post that :D I must be psychic or something

Not entirely surprised, one of them should of probably moved to CD a few years earlier, as it's been a bit of a waste having the 2nd and 4th best keepers in the country at the same province.

Our side is starting to look pretty average without our BC's, need the likes of Kitchen, de Grandhomme, de Boorder, Bates, Shaw and Hira to really stand up, as Hopkins will probably be away on INT duty most of the time now.
That's Jones, Young, Nicol and Martin all gone within two seasons, also fringe players like McKay and Hitchcock have both gone.

Hopefully Vincent plays in most of our games like last season, as we really need some more experience there, as we don't have any domestic veterans like Papps, Cumming, Sinclair, Marshall etc.

Going to go ahead and assume Bevan Griggs has called it a day then can't see him making the CD side on his batting alone.

Quick question, when do the provinces announce their contracted players???

It's after the second confirmatory round of NZ contracts or something isn't it?

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Or once the NZ players have confirmed theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread