New Zealand in England May - June 2013

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well this is fantastic bowling by New Zeland. If Rutherford can provide them a good start, they might end up with a decent lead.

D

Dutch

And then again we have the King of Swing........

----------

And NZ are way behind the run rate!:p

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
England's approach was much more defensive, no clue as to why , considering they're playing at home. Clearly missing KP there.

As always, expecting Williamson to perform. Ross Taylor's counter-attacking approach holds the key as to how much score they'll put forward!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's all very well asking where all the attacking England batsmen are, but they're in County Cricket. And why are they there and not playing for England? Because everyone complains about them playing the odd bad shot to get out and that they're only scoring that quickly because it's too easy in County Cricket. Hence why we still have the same guys rotated around the squad (Bopara, Morgan etc.)

radders12

School Cricketer
Watching this England side without KP is like poking needles in your eyes. Ross Taylor, not taking risks but attacking balls that are on line and length. Shock he's got 55 at almost run a ball. 6 of England's top 7 would be on between 5 and 10 runs from the same amount of times and identical balls. So defensive and boring it's incredible.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Not sure if we should be so critical of England's batting line-up without KP.
I'll not be afraid to say that the New-Zealander's bowled pretty well, and Brits defensive approach didn't help them either.
If one player who could come to the rescue now, it would be Bell, let him get his approach right, I'd say England's right back at them!!

McCullum to come too
I'd still like to see how would he fare with the new ball if he comes in around the 80 over mark. It'd be interesting.
------------------------------

And there we go, it'll be tough to hang around now!!

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Anderson's bowled well, but Broad and Finn have pretty poor. This all goes back to last year against SA from what I remember. Just been totally innocuous.

D

Dutch

I wish we had Bresnan in there actually......bit more grunt than Finn.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The batters are getting bogged down and giving away their wickets whereas the bowlers are bowling poorly to positive batting.
NZ, as they were at home, are the better side. How has this England team become so bad so quickly?

Users who are viewing this thread