New Zealand tour of Australia Nov-Dec 2015

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Fixtures were released today by Cricket Australia. The big one being the first ever day/night test. The third in Adelaide. Using Pink balls

23 Oct vs Prime Minister's XI Canberra (D/N) NZ won by 102 Runs
24-25 Oct vs Cricket Australia XI Canberra Match Drawn
29-31 Oct vs Cricket Australia XI Blacktown International Sports Park, Sydney
21-22 Nov vs Western Australia Perth

05-09 Nov First Test Brisbane
13-17 Nov Second Test Perth
27 Nov-01 Dec Third Test Adelaide (D/N)

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We saw a glimpse of D/N Tests at Fatullah when lights were used on Day 1, 2 weeks ago.

dabatman

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Am looking forward to this tour - already on board for the Day/Night test match. It is a shame the tour's of old for all teams is over. The OD, T20, Test Match, tour games etc. New Zealand never seem to have a full tour ever its always fly in test matches fly out. Then fly in 12/18 months later OD/T20 Matches fly out.

Anyway in all honesty think if NZ continue to go the way they have recently they could actually knock Australia over.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed this settled NZ team who have not lost a test series in two years could certainly beat what is a rebuilding AUS after Ashes failures. Certainly will end up being the best trans-tasman test series since the famous 2001/02 series that NZ almost won.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Ryder won't play cricket for NZ ever again. Don't need him either. He's had his chances.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea he won't play

Weirdest selection is Rutherford over Brownlie

War

Chairman of Selectors
@Chewie @Biggs

Understood, I'm aware of Ryder of field misdemeanors etc - but he doesn't seem to have had such a major player vs board fall out like the Pietesen/England saga or the drama with Windies & Bravo/Pollard which saw them dropped from world cup team. So never been fully sure whats the deal with him from a NZ point of view?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
So never been fully sure whats the deal with him from a NZ point of view?

Long story short is; He's a liability. He's not terribly well-liked in the current set up by management and (from what I understand) most of the players aside from a handful haven't got much time from him. He burned a LOT of bridges after the public goodwill surrounding his recovery from his attack, pretty much getting back on the booze again and getting out of control once again. Running rampant over strict guidelines set-up around his rehabilitation and he lost his Wellington contract because his total lack of commitment to the team, despite some pretty decent considerations around his recovery and strong support from NZC management. Then when he did come back (briefly) into the NZ set-up he bailed again prior to the UAE tour at the last moment.

Ultimately, he's just one of those super-talented cricketers that is prolly too aware of it for his own good and never fulfilled that potential because of it. He won't play ever for NZ again because it's a crazy professional set-up these days (eg; Daniel Vettori isn't running everything from the background as coach, selector and team manager) and there's a robust system in place to blood new players into the team unit along side a stable coach and captaincy arrangement for the next decade or so under Brendon/Williamson and our top order is cemented without Ryder.

In fact, he might struggle to get a domestic contract in a year or so.

I feel for the guy, but he's been his own worst enemy. He had crazy support and public goodwill going for him and he just pissed it away. He's a guy that's struggled with his own demons and part of the modern day player has to be their ability to tune out the critics and to a greater extent, remove themselves from the semi-destructive people around them and he was never able to do either of those things. In my opinion.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think he really has the motivation to play for New Zealand again in any case.

Jarrod Kimber: Jesse Ryder's suburban fairy tale | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Ahh this is a excellent summary, think i missed this article when it was first published. Makes sense because I've seen him play a few times on TV in the current county season, he hasn't set the world buzzing but at times you see him and think this guy in form would make NZ even stronger as they aim to possible become # 1 test team soon, but this explains it well.

PokerAce

Banned
Wow had no idea this series was happening this year. Excited for this series naturally as after the Ashes Aus seem ripe for the taking and NZ with their aggressive cricket are just the side to do it and beat Aus at home for the first time in a while. This could perhaps be the test series of the year.

I just realised what great cricket is in store for the rest of the year. Three great series to look forward to.

I was excited about the Ashes, but it proved to be not much of a contest, as Eng really just strolled through for the win.

I was looking forward to Ind-SL to but put proved to be ... well, nothing spectacular in regard to cricketing action. India again dominated the series and there was not much of any real contest. Even the win SL got was a bit of a fluke with India making a mess of chasing a low 4th innings total.

There has a been a trend of sides mostly winning at home and losing away.

There are three series coming up back to back where this could change. SA tour India and clearly have a shot at winning. I would say India are favs, but SA in no way outside of it. Then I saw this mouth watering series, and after what I saw in the Ashes, I would perhaps put NZ ahead of Aus for this as favs.

Then ofcourse Eng tour SA, and that is one where (if SA lose in India), Eng could triumph. If SA win in India, then I think they would be buoyed enough to beat England.

I would say lots of excellent cricket coming up.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Long story short is; He's a liability. He's not terribly well-liked in the current set up by management and (from what I understand) most of the players aside from a handful haven't got much time from him. He burned a LOT of bridges after the public goodwill surrounding his recovery from his attack, pretty much getting back on the booze again and getting out of control once again. Running rampant over strict guidelines set-up around his rehabilitation and he lost his Wellington contract because his total lack of commitment to the team, despite some pretty decent considerations around his recovery and strong support from NZC management. Then when he did come back (briefly) into the NZ set-up he bailed again prior to the UAE tour at the last moment.

Ultimately, he's just one of those super-talented cricketers that is prolly too aware of it for his own good and never fulfilled that potential because of it. He won't play ever for NZ again because it's a crazy professional set-up these days (eg; Daniel Vettori isn't running everything from the background as coach, selector and team manager) and there's a robust system in place to blood new players into the team unit along side a stable coach and captaincy arrangement for the next decade or so under Brendon/Williamson and our top order is cemented without Ryder.

In fact, he might struggle to get a domestic contract in a year or so.

I feel for the guy, but he's been his own worst enemy. He had crazy support and public goodwill going for him and he just pissed it away. He's a guy that's struggled with his own demons and part of the modern day player has to be their ability to tune out the critics and to a greater extent, remove themselves from the semi-destructive people around them and he was never able to do either of those things. In my opinion.

Trying to remember similar cases like this in international cricket - closest one that comes to mind currently is West Indies and their situation with fast bowler Roy Gilchrist in the late 50s/early 60s.

Users who are viewing this thread