South Africa's tour of Australia - November 2014

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This series will kick off the Australian summer of International Cricket which will culminate with the World Cup.

02 Nov vs CA Chairman's XI North Sydney Oval

05 Nov 1st T20I Adelaide (Night)
07 Nov 2nd T20I Melbourne (Night)
09 Nov 3rd T20I Sydney (Olympic Stadium) (Night)

14 Nov 1st ODI Perth (D/N)
16 Nov 2nd ODI Perth (D/N)
19 Nov 3rd ODI Canberra (D/N)
21 Nov 4th ODI Melbourne (D/N)
23 Nov 5th ODI Sydney (D/N)

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although these matches are obviously geared towards world cup preparation. This should so be a test just a test series. Its the real world # 1 test match rematch that the world wants to see.

Wish to could change the schedule 5 tests tour on India & spit it 3 tests each. World cricket & its dumb scheduling...

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well I don;t know why we can't have 5 tests against India. They're playing one against England at the moment and last time the World Cup was down under we hosted India in a 5 test series.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well I don;t know why we can't have 5 tests against India. They're playing one against England at the moment and last time the World Cup was down under we hosted India in a 5 test series.

Teams only play 5 tests versus each other historically if the rivalry is fierce and competitive. ENG/AUS don't usually play 5 tests vs India or any Asian country frankly.

The main reason Eng/IND playing a 5 tests series now, is because of the new found ICC restructure "Big 3" dynamic. India home series brings everyone big money TV deals & the money hungry ECB want to cash in. ENG has never played a 5 test series vs India at home before this.

Given how average in tests IND/ENG has been in the last 6 months, at best this should have been a 3 tests series.

AUS/IND 4 tests series are normal now ever since the famous 2001 series. I just hope its not another reverse white-wash for the home side, like the last 2 series have gone.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks like Ben Dunk has been rewarded for hs record breaking knock. Not only in the Aussie T20 squad but as wicket keeper.

Australia Twenty20 squad: Aaron Finch (capt), Sean Abbott, Doug Bollinger, Cameron Boyce, Patrick Cummins, Ben Cutting, Ben Dunk (wk), James Faulkner (chosen subject to Pakistan Test series selection), Nic Maddinson, Nathan Reardon, Kane Richardson, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Australia: Clarke (c), Bailey (vc), Coulter-Nile, Finch, Hazlewood, Johnson, M. Marsh, Maxwell, Richardson, S. Smith, Wade, Warner, Watson

That is the squad for the two ODIs against South Africa that will be played at the WACA.

The only cricketer I am not happy about being in the squad is Matthew Wade. If the One Day Domestic tournament is meant to count for anything I don't see how Wade's appalling batting average of 16.83 in Matador BBQ Cup entitles him to an international ODI recall. Trevor Hohns stated experience was the main reason Wade was selected. I think this is a very poor reason. They could have selected Tim Paine as wicket keeper for the series as he has international experience and did a lot better than Wade in the Matador BBQ Cup. They also could have used this series as a chance to see how someone like Ben Dunk or Sam Whiteman performed at international level in ODIs for Australia, instead of selecting a wicket keeper who's keeping is below the standard of other wicket keepers in the country and who only has an average of 22.00 for Australia in ODIs from when he previously represented them.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Australia: Clarke (c), Bailey (vc), Coulter-Nile, Finch, Hazlewood, Johnson, M. Marsh, Maxwell, Richardson, S. Smith, Wade, Warner, Watson

That is the squad for the two ODIs against South Africa that will be played at the WACA.

The only cricketer I am not happy about being in the squad is Matthew Wade. If the One Day Domestic tournament is meant to count for anything I don't see how Wade's appalling batting average of 16.83 in Matador BBQ Cup entitles him to an international ODI recall. Trevor Hohns stated experience was the main reason Wade was selected. I think this is a very poor reason. They could have selected Tim Paine as wicket keeper for the series as he has international experience and did a lot better than Wade in the Matador BBQ Cup. They also could have used this series as a chance to see how someone like Ben Dunk or Sam Whiteman performed at international level in ODIs for Australia, instead of selecting a wicket keeper who's keeping is below the standard of other wicket keepers in the country and who only has an average of 22.00 for Australia in ODIs from when he previously represented them.

I agree with you either Paine/Dunk should have been selected.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So what happened to Brad Haddin? Surely he's first choice w/k.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

Dunk 403 runs @67.16
Hartley 403 runs @57.57
Paine 249 runs @49.80
Nevill 267 runs @33.37
Whiteman 121 runs @24.20
Wade 101 runs @16.83

Wade In Haddin Out !

Last edited:

cricketmad09

International Coach
There's some blokes being rested but leading into the World Cup I reckon our best XI would be

Warner
Finch
Watson
Clarke
Bailey
Maxwell
Dunk
Coulter-Nile
Johnson
Starc
Richardson

cricketmad09

International Coach
Dunk 403 runs @67.16
Hartley 403 runs @57.57
Paine 249 runs @49.80
Nevill 267 runs @33.37
Whiteman 121 runs @24.20
Wade 101 runs @16.83

Wade In Haddin Out !
The problem with all those guys is you look at their career strike rates and they're pathetic. I don't care how many runs you score in international cricket if you're going at less than 70 then you're hurting the team.

Haddin is old. I think the best option in the meantime is Ben Dunk. More than capable wicketkeeper and a much better batsman than all the other Aussie keepers

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I hope Ben Dunk plays well tonight in his debut for Australia, he is a very entertaining player to watch!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Dunk will score a hundred on his debut :) :D

cricketmad09

International Coach
Score isn't going to great. Only hope is that big boundaries mean it's difficult for SA to score boundaries and easier for Aussies to keep the pressure on them.

Users who are viewing this thread