New Zealand tour of Australia Nov-Dec 2015

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
That's why Adelaide was chosen as the venue to have first one. It doesn't get as much dew.
I think overall so far it's been a success all round.
Watching it I didn't have trouble seeing the pink ball.
Great crowd even at the start of play
And for once a contest between bat and ball
227891.jpg

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ye pink ball seems ok based on what happened on day 1.

cricketmad09

International Coach
We've got to get rid of the Marsh brother. Shaun has showed time and time again that is not capable of playing international cricket. Mitch's batting is terrible. At this stage he's effectively in the team as a bowler. So you may as well have Pattinson in the team instead (mind you Pattinson actually averages more than Mitch with the bat in test cricket). I'd definitely be giving Ferguson a game ahead of Shaun Marsh. You definitely won't need Mitch against the WI. 4 bowlers will be more than enough for WI to handle, so may as well give a batsman a go.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I do wonder if you could fire up the flux capacitor in your DeLorean, go back to 1877 and bring Charles Bannerman or any of the players who played in that first ever test match back to 2015 at the Adelaide Oval. What would they make of this piece of history.

bigred

Club Captain
I cannot believe Australia don't have a first class cricketer as their 12th man. How unfair to send the massage therapist out onto a test match field in front of 40,000 people.

Australia have always seemed to have a different view on the 12th man to England. We just find the best fielder in county cricket who hasn't got a game that week. Why wouldn't you? The Aussies have always seemed to find this morally wrong, and they've let the bloke who was left out of the final playing eleven field. Silly in my opinion, as that guy could be unnecessarily injured taking a catch or sliding in the outfield. But today's situation is just ridiculous, and as the commentators said, very unprofessional.

stefan

International Coach
Terrible umpiring on the lyon decision. Seriously how can the third umpire get that wrong?

Pink ball has been fine from what I have seen. Not sure we will be having it any time soon in SA as the players association has come out they are totally against it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I cannot believe Australia don't have a first class cricketer as their 12th man. How unfair to send the massage therapist out onto a test match field in front of 40,000 people.

Australia have always seemed to have a different view on the 12th man to England. We just find the best fielder in county cricket who hasn't got a game that week. Why wouldn't you? The Aussies have always seemed to find this morally wrong, and they've let the bloke who was left out of the final playing eleven field. Silly in my opinion, as that guy could be unnecessarily injured taking a catch or sliding in the outfield. But today's situation is just ridiculous, and as the commentators said, very unprofessional.

I can't remember if AUS ever did it specifically b4, but I've seen a few teams over the years send out their support staff as fielders. But of course a FC cricketer would be preferable

stefan

International Coach
I can't remember if AUS ever did it specifically b4, but I've seen a few teams over the years send out their support staff as fielders. But of course a FC cricketer would be preferable

I have seen touring sides do it when they have an injury crisis and no else available. This is the first time I saw the home side do it thought.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

Well all 6 states are playing Shield games at the moment. In Sydney, Perth and Hobart. Today they did have a first class player who isn't in Hobart with the South Australian side Sam Raphael

bigred

Club Captain
Well all 6 states are playing Shield games at the moment. In Sydney, Perth and Hobart. Today they did have a first class player who isn't in Hobart with the South Australian side Sam Raphael

Exactly. You take the best professional cricketer who hasn't got a game. The best example of this was 2005, where Gary Pratt couldn't get into the Durham side, but was an excellent fielder. Consequently, he spent most of the summer with England.

Also, do Australia not have a fielding coach? If they do, wouldn't he be above the massage therapist for the job of sub fielder? When Trevor Penney was England fielding coach, I know that he came on a few times.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Exactly. You take the best professional cricketer who hasn't got a game. The best example of this was 2005, where Gary Pratt couldn't get into the Durham side, but was an excellent fielder. Consequently, he spent most of the summer with England.

Also, do Australia not have a fielding coach? If they do, wouldn't he be above the massage therapist for the job of sub fielder? When Trevor Penney was England fielding coach, I know that he came on a few times.
Yes it's Greg Blewett. But he's 44 years of age

War

Chairman of Selectors
NZ definitely got better as series progressed so in a way this 2-0 series loss is a bit of harsh reflection on them.

Another test around the world finishes in 3 days in conditions that help bowlers, batsmen worldwide have to take a hard look at themselves.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Very unfortunate that the Lyon DRS decision changed the game so significantly.

Good game to watch, though.

Users who are viewing this thread