New Zealand tour of Australia Nov-Dec 2015

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Agree with Ashwin a bit, that tracking thing needs some adjusting. Many times I see it shows a ball will either hit or miss stumps and I'm questioning it. I remember that article you posted on this site couple months ago about ways to fix DRS - this very much relevant & someone at ICC should see it.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys second game to staert tomorrow, Mitch J. says it could be his last, what are your opinions?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Wow shockingly risky selection by NZ here to back Craig @ # 7 & pick 4 quicks.

bigred

Club Captain
Wow shockingly risky selection by NZ here to back Craig @ # 7 & pick 4 quicks.

Hasn't worked has it. Fair play to the Aussies though. Although, they're maintaining their reputation as flat track bullies. I think you'd always have to back them at home. The SA team of 18 months ago and the England team of 2011 were exceptional, and could therefore give the Aussies a game. Other than that, there aren't many recent sides that stood a chance.

PokerAce

Banned
One can only feel for New Zealand here. What a poor poor day they have had.

Also Cycle Pure Agarbatti boudary boards at WACA !!:eek:

PokerAce

Banned
I think its sage to say that if Warner is still batting around tea, we would have a new addition to the 400 run test club.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I just think New Zealand are taking this "nice guys" tag too seriously. I mean a guy who is fielding on the boundary comes running in to shake Warner's hand when he gets his double century is just weird. I mean if you just clap while he is celebrating, it should be good enough. You can go and congratulate him at the end of the day but when you are in the field, you have to compete and need to show a bit of an attitude just to let batsmen know that you are there to compete.

Also this bowling attack of NZ has performed really poorly which hasn't helped them. I was expecting a lot more from Trent Boult but he hasn't been good enough. I actually thought before the start of the series that NZ would probably win the series but Australia has been exceptional.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As much as I like the NZ team I have to agree with Aalay. The funny thing about the nice guy deal is, they seem to be so self aware of the nice guy tag and it seems to have ironically gotten to their heads. For instance, Baz criticizing Warner for not clapping when Root got to his hundred (wtf?) or calling out Smith about "a lost opportunity at being nice" when he did not withdraw some controversial appeal.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't doubt that Australia have the better bowling, but the pitches this summer (and last) have been awful. They even had edges falling short of the slips at the WACA Ground. What is the point of playing at the WACA any more? I guess the WACA and CA have already answered that question. People have talked up how the Australian fast bowlers will make the wicket look different, but barring sheer incompetence I doubt that. I've seen Starc get carted on a day 3 WACA pitch and with the dryness of the pitch, it looks like we're heading into day 4 here. Maybe the ball will start shooting low. Maybe there's hope for reverse swing. I don't think we'll see major cracking. The pitch will hold together in the heat because it's already bone dry. NZ's bowling isn't the difference between a big score and an advantageous score, it's the difference between being bowled out for 450 and never being bowled out. I actually kinda hope NZ's batting holds together, because it would highlight how bad a concept it is to try to neutralise your own bowling assets and turn Tests into one-day style hitting contests.

PokerAce

Banned
A fine fightback by Williamson and Taylor. Williamson especially just goes from strength to strength. I think he will be this generations greatest batsman by some distance.

Also the kiwis are well placed and if the McCullum blitz we all know is coming, goes according to plan, NZ could well be within touching distance of Australia by the end of play today. If that does happen, and with Khwaja out and Australia being required to reshuffle their batting order, if the kiwis bowl well, there could be some interesting twists in this test yet.

A few too many ifs, I suppose, but lets see.

grkrama

National Board President
Ya if Baz gets going the game could still be tilted

In a way this series also throws the light on how good aus are @ home, if southee and boult cant get through Aus batting order till now, it throws the light on how IND pacers felt when we toured the same were we couldn't get all their wkts.

grkrama

National Board President
Not the best time for baz to walk in though would have preferred if KW had seen of the new ball a bit more but lets see

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is really a curse! Yesterday i tuned in and immediately Lyon got Latham out. Today i tuned in and in the same moment Baz got out to Marsh.

Users who are viewing this thread