New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'd imagine that's for like, going off the field and being subbed or something?

I'm pretty sure it's legal because I remember it happening against us on some other occasion.
No, the law is that you must not be outside the field of play when in contact with the ball and you must be in control of your movement for the catch to be completed. The misinterpretation is because under no circumstance can you take the catch inside the rope and then cross the rope or send the ball over the rope, even if in control of your movement.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tight game today, personally I would've put Nathan McCullum ahead of James Franklin which would've given us a higher chance of victory. Excellent bowling from Bracken

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Fair enough that neither White nor Voges were utilised but Henriques, who was supposedly brought in for 'a look' was unseen with the ball. Actually, considering the turn in the pitch, perhaps it would have been a cracker for Voges and White. Although it was in the end a good win, I would ask whether it should have been at all close.

Who knows but once he didn't bowl in the first 10 overs there was too much pressure to call him onto bowl. They should have sent him in earlier before Hopes as he was brought in because he can hit big. But really is strange for the selectors to be considering him for the T20 WC when he will only have the IPL to show form to get in.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I remember seeing a catch like that before, not sure whether it was actually on TV or it happened in a real game but it's perfectly legal. You just have to stay calm.

.Mob

International Coach
I remember seeing a catch like that before, not sure whether it was actually on TV or it happened in a real game but it's perfectly legal. You just have to stay calm.

Andy Bichel?

karnog

International Cricketer
Yes i think it was Bichel many years ago. I think he had to run like 10m because he threw it further away than he anticipated. Anyway very intelligent cricket from Voges. He deserves a decent run in the ODI side.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
That is the end of a cracking match friends and that just about sums up the kind of competition we witnessed over the Australian summer. New Zealand fought till the last breath but fell short by the narrowest of margins in the end. Perhaps the acceleration was a bit delayed but then things would almost have fallen in place had Voges not taken that mind blowing catch.

*Sigh*

So Yeah it was a great series.

IN MY OWN WORDS The last match was fantastic. That catch from Voges was brilliant, he stumbled on purpose to make it more dramatic:p Like Yogy's source said, if Voges hadn't taken that catch NZ would quite possibly had the game in. Although I think what lost it was Us not being able to, or not attacking Braken. 3-0-9-0 is amazing in a 20/20

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Bad way to end the summer IMO with a Twenty20, yes it was a close one but the crowd was significantly down on previous T20 games for one reason - it meant nothing. Don't play meaningless exhibition matches at the end of the summer - it's just an excuse to play a second XI and attract a poor crowd.

Voges took a great catch but I'm still not sold on his batting and personally I would rate him the least impressive of the WA batting foursome (North, Pomersbach, Marsh, Voges). I doubt he will ever reach serious international standard personally. Awesome catch though.

Glad this series is finally over, the tour of South Africa couldn't have come sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread