Australia tour of New Zealand Feb 2016

grkrama

National Board President
wow am i reading the scorecard right ! Must be some preparation aussies had for which they pulled up players from t20 for nz!

Reactions: Ohm

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WOW!! wasn't expecting Australia to crumble this fast.
Although I expect Australia to come hard in next matches but this Kiwi side is World-class and will be very hard to beat. This shows how good Pakistan compete with them in last series.
Only thing left to test for this New Zealand side is how well they can perform in subcontinent. They performed pretty good in UAE compare to all other teams but series victory in India, UAE and Srilanka can stamp their authority. Only issue for me is lack of quality spinners which will hurt them in T20 WC.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I was at Eden Park last evening and am still shellshocked. Talk about crash and burn.

This was the first one day I'd ever been to on foreign shores so I was copping it big time.

Givemeahug786

School Cricketer
Well no match practices, its not happen first times but Australian should better (Warner, smith) of plays vs India as match practice, rather than leaves middle of series.I think maxi not have temperament for 50/50, they should better selects Khawaja because last few matches maxi was hits 168 for 1,shaun not comfortable vs spin.

I wonder why they plays ODI? T20i they should plays more before WORLD 20/20.india will plays 3 game in India t20i and soon Asia cup will follows with t20i format first time rather than 50/50 ( first time asia cup will be in t20i format )

Australia hand over the game coz smith not have confidence to his batsman so after winning toss they Fields, which back fires.Guppy was player of nz summer and now Henry will
Be player of NZ winter.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
That's why I said, "I wish". If this match was in New Zealand, this would've definitely been the result of it.
You can't say that NZ struggled vs AUS in NZ (Cummins and Starc are very important players for us)

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
You can't say that NZ struggled vs AUS in NZ (Cummins and Starc are very important players for us)
I didn't say New Zealand struggled against Australia in New Zealand. In 2015 Cricket World Cup's group match between Australia and New Zealand in Auckland/Wellington/wherever, Michael Clarke's captaincy and Mitchell Starc's bowling got the better of New Zealand. Yet, they managed to pull off a win.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I didn't say New Zealand struggled against Australia in New Zealand. In 2015 Cricket World Cup's group match between Australia and New Zealand in Auckland/Wellington/wherever, Michael Clarke's captaincy and Mitchell Starc's bowling got the better of New Zealand. Yet, they managed to pull off a win.

Yeah so you see that Aussie team was better than this one :) (Bowling Specially)

peaceful

Banned
Australia winning other day so they level 3 match series 1/1 , now few minutes ago smith winning toss and Fields first.Boult and Santner injured and not playing Doug Bracewell and Sodhi playing today

No change in Aus.team.no live Audio commentry for overseas listener either.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Wow, sharp catch there by Henry!

Chewie

BCCI President
What's everyone's thoughts on the Marsh dismissal?

I don't like the precedent of umpires using the big screen to decide whether they use their referral powers to go upstairs. It's happened in rugby as well and I don't like it there.

Having said that, in this case, there was an appeal and Marsh obviously hit it into his foot - the question was whether any part of the ball hit the ground, and the umpire should have reviewed it as soon as there was an appeal to check; he shouldn't have had to wait until he saw the replay.

Users who are viewing this thread