South Africa's tour of Australia - November 2014

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My man Faulkner bowled very well finishing with 3-25 off his four overs. I also thought Cameron Boyce bowled superbly and was rewarded by taking two wickets at 2-15. Patrick Cummins and Doug Bollinger bowled very fast and picked up a wicket each. Ben Dunk was tidy behind the stumps taking a catch and pulling off two stumpings. Hopefully Australia can close the match out well by batting well and I wouldn't complain if Dunk scored some runs as well.

War

Chairman of Selectors
There's some blokes being rested but leading into the World Cup I reckon our best XI would be

Warner
Finch
Watson
Clarke
Bailey
Maxwell
Dunk
Coulter-Nile
Johnson
Starc
Richardson

I'd be tempted to put M Marsh in starting line-up ahead of Richardson. Although it might waste the batting ability of Maxwell & Dunk.

Don't mind Dunk playing also, I just wonder if he really suited to batting that low. Plus the fact that AUS selectors & Clarke really value Haddin's experience across all formats still. Will be interesting to see if they would drop him from ODI squad, this late in the game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Doesn't look like Dunk will make the WC given Wade has been picked and they seem to confirm Haddin as keeper.

My man Faulkner bowled very well finishing with 3-25 off his four overs. I also thought Cameron Boyce bowled superbly and was rewarded by taking two wickets at 2-15. Patrick Cummins and Doug Bollinger bowled very fast and picked up a wicket each. Ben Dunk was tidy behind the stumps taking a catch and pulling off two stumpings. Hopefully Australia can close the match out well by batting well and I wouldn't complain if Dunk scored some runs as well.

Was good seeing Faulkner going well again, has struggled a bit of late. Cummins looked great, gaining more and more confidence. Boyce should have locked up that T20 spinners spot and with that showing I would be tempted trying him in the ODIs this summer to see if he could be our spinner for the WC.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I'd be tempted to put M Marsh in starting line-up ahead of Richardson. Although it might waste the batting ability of Maxwell & Dunk.

Don't mind Dunk playing also, I just wonder if he really suited to batting that low. Plus the fact that AUS selectors & Clarke really value Haddin's experience across all formats still. Will be interesting to see if they would drop him from ODI squad, this late in the game.
Mitch Marsh he's not a good enough bowler to take Richardsons place. And with coulter-Nile Johnson and starc the tail would already be pretty strong

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
WOW! That was some serious death bowling by South Africa. Cameron White played very well though at the end to win it for Australia.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
1 Aaron Finch, 2 David Warner, 3 Shane Watson, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 George Bailey, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Glenn Maxwell, 8 Matthew Wade (wk), 9 Mitchell Johnson, 10 Nathan Coulter-Nile, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

As expected on leaving Smith out, feels a bowler short.

Spickery

Profile Flag
Australia
1 Aaron Finch, 2 David Warner, 3 Shane Watson, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 George Bailey, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Glenn Maxwell, 8 Matthew Wade (wk), 9 Mitchell Johnson, 10 Nathan Coulter-Nile, 11 Josh Hazlewood.

As expected on leaving Smith out, feels a bowler short.
The side does look a bowler short. The extra twenty overs will have to be bowled by Marsh, Watson and Maxwell, which is a dangerous task for them to handle. I would have almost left out Maxwell to fit Richardson into the side and to tell Maxwell to pull his head in.

stefan

International Coach
Nice fightback from the boys. Great to see Steyn knockover clarke. Fielding's been poor thought. Don't get the selection of behardien ahead of rilee...

Spickery

Profile Flag
Australia
Australia managed to post 300 runs at the end of their innings after losing several wickets in a row. The only wicket we lost that I am overly concerned about is Michael Clarke's dismissal. He has been in poor form of late and he should of been able to play that pull shot a lot better. He is now injured and Steve Smith should come in and replace him for the next match. The rest of the batsman lost their wicket to either good South African bowling or by managing to pick out the fielder when playing a lofted shot.

David Warner and Aaron Finch got Australia off to a good start at the start of their innings with them making scores of 46 and 35, it is just a shame none of them managed to capitalise and make a big score. I am glad George Bailey made some runs and made the most of the three chances he was given by making 70 runs when Australia were in trouble. Matthew Wade played his part scoring 35 runs.

If the Australian bowlers don't bowl well South Africa are a big chance of chasing this total down. The pitch is still good and Australia only have three outright bowlers in their attack.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It would be funny if the selectors pick Steven Smith for next game now and make him the captain.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nice fightback from the boys. Great to see Steyn knockover clarke. Fielding's been poor thought. Don't get the selection of behardien ahead of rilee...

Mild quota selection as usual...

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Mild quota selection as usual...

I'd like to think that they selected him because he can bowl some useful overs; similar to the role Duminy plays in ODIs. He did okay with the bat, so it wasn't a bad decision. :)

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread