New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe Oct-Nov 2011/12

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Is Neil Wagner now eligible for selection? If so, then I think Neil Wagner, Southee and Boult would be a potent attack.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I presume a fit again Southee along with Arnel and McKay are still in the reckoning?

Arnel most likely won't be selected again. McKay will probably be next in line I'd imagine though. They probably won't select Boult for some weird reason, and Martin will still be around so the bowlers will be Vettori, Southee, Martin and Bracewell/McKay.

I hope Martin retires though. He's got his 200 wickets now :p

Wagner is eligible in April. I'm not so sure about Wagner. I'd rather Boult get the opportunity first, but no doubt the selectors will take a close look at Wagner.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
I hope Martin retires though. He's got his 200 wickets now

he'll probably retire when he comes home, i'm guessing the south africa series. i just hope he regains some form against australia so he doesn't get dropped before that happens.

Chewie

BCCI President
Nah he hasn't but he's got a contract now so hopefully that means he's near the side

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah, I would also like them to give him a go first instead of Wagner, in fact I'd have him ahead of McKay (definitely) and probably Martin. I'm a huge fan of Martin but its a bit concerning to me how hes really only thinking of his personal achievements rather than the team. He says he wants to beat Cairns so he'll need another 17 wickets in 6 tests and I highly doubt he will get them against the opposition we are playing.

Chewie

BCCI President
I think we do need to keep Martin in the side for a bit longer, mainly for experience. He's also pretty solid, if unspectacular. I would like to see him gone sooner rather than later though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Martin didn't have much luck in that test, he bowled better than three wickets. I'd definitely be keeping him there for the rest of the summer, you need some experience in the pace bowling ranks. Patel was just ???? though, I assume that will be the last we'll be seeing of him.

Why was the series only one test as well? Like it's not the best preparation for playing Aussie, but another test would be better than going back home and having a two week break. I assume our top players won't be playing in our FC competition, because they never do, please correct me if I'm wrong though.

The bowling attack will be Southee, Bracewell, Martin, and Vettori. I'm not sure on the reserves, especially the spinning reserve.

Users who are viewing this thread