India tour of Zimbabwe(over and can be closed)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Going by cricinfo preview, it looks like Mohit and Pujara will get a game tomorrow.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hope Pujara gets both the remaining games. One guy who has batted enough this series is Virat Kohli, but being captain, I don't see him dropping himself. So one spot should be vacated by Dhawan who has been among runs. Pujara takes that place. The 2nd spot should be Mohit Sharma in for Vinay Kumar. A pretty straightforward one since Vinay Kumar has been too mediocre and below average in the 3 games so far.

I would also rest Jadeja and bring Rasool in, and let him play two games. Jadeja is a settled veteran now and has played a lot for India in recent times.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The match is being telecasted in Europe?

I don't have the luxury of SkySports so I watch most of the cricket through Live Streaming.

Not entirely sure if this site promotes live streaming but I can PM you one if you're interested.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I don't have the luxury of SkySports so I watch most of the cricket through Live Streaming.

Not entirely sure if this site promotes live streaming but I can PM you one if you're interested.

PC promotes legal live streaming. If you are suggesting Willow.tv, yes its a legal source and is a good source for live cricket through the internet. I have been a loyal Willow customer for years now, and don't look beyond them for most of my international cricket. And they charge a flat $15 only a month.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

No it doesn't.
But whenever India goes to Australia and England, I prefer live streaming over the very boring commentary and average presentation of ESS as compared to Sky and Channel 9. And thanks, but I do know about the whole lot. :)

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Finally saw Mohit Sharma bowling, have to agree that he is good. Spot on in his first over. Batsman wouldn't be left to do much, again! I think Kohli should have opted to bat first, seems he is only concentrating on winning.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By what I have seen of much talked about Mohit Sharma, he is a bowler with a slightly awkward action who generally bowls fuller length deliveries and has a good in deeper. His action can be tweaked a bit to have him bowl at greater pace. Plus, he needs to bowl his inswinger as a stock ball to be effective at this level and bowl just short of good length more often before slipping an inswinger at full length. He badly needs to have a good bouncer (much better than the one he hurled one against Masakadza today). I like his slower ball. Can be lethal in the death overs.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
still no Rasool
Badly wanted too see that guy perform!

Mishra gets his first five-for :thumbs But once it comes to playing a stronger opposition, I would expect him to play even if he goes for bit too many simply as he is a leg-spinner, they get you wickets even if they go for few more runs.

Really don't understand what is the logic behind batting 2nd? Why not let your batsman expose and allow them to play a full 50 over game. Yet again, it will simply be chasing 180 odd and the game finishing in under 40 overs. Really really poor management from Fletcher and Kohli :facepalm

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Again no Rasool :noway:noway:noway
Pujara not having a good time in limited over games.gone for nothing today.Good to see Ajinkhya playing and that to at no 3.Jadeja is also given to find a good form in batting by getting him out there at 4,But I would have got in Dinesh Karthick to be given a chance to bat. :rolleyes

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Very frustrating from Zimbabwe as they did not show any kind of fight. The only time it looked like they had India in trouble was in the 2nd ODI but India managed to score 294 in that match as well. After that, it just went downhill for them. A solid performance by India. Mohit Sharma looks good but the surprise package for me was Jayadev Unadkat. He bowled brilliantly throughout the series. I was the very first who criticized selectors for selecting him because he looked complete waste whenever I saw him before but he proved me wrong in this series. As many experts have pointed out, he has now developed that inswinger which makes him unpredictable now because he already had the out swinger but it's good to see him developing that inswinger. I wasn't sure what speed he was bowling but he still needs a bit more pace to become even better. Amit Mishra has also been brilliant throughout this series. His googly is very hard to read and he can be one of the reserve spinner in test squad after Ashwin and Ojha rather than having Piyush Chawla.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mohit Sharma looks good but the surprise package for me was Jayadev Unadkat. He bowled brilliantly throughout the series. I was the very first who criticized selectors for selecting him because he looked complete waste whenever I saw him before but he proved me wrong in this series.

Though I still stand by the fact that he isn't good enough. He doesn't have decent pace, if at all he's selected for the Australia ODI series and gets a chance, he'll really get a stick.

Didn't see a speed-o-meter even once maybe.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Badly wanted too see that guy perform!

Mishra gets his first five-for :thumbs But once it comes to playing a stronger opposition, I would expect him to play even if he goes for bit too many simply as he is a leg-spinner, they get you wickets even if they go for few more runs.

Really don't understand what is the logic behind batting 2nd? Why not let your batsman expose and allow them to play a full 50 over game. Yet again, it will simply be chasing 180 odd and the game finishing in under 40 overs. Really really poor management from Fletcher and Kohli :facepalm

Yes. I would blame both Fletcher and Kohli too. Fletcher also because Kohli today said that Fletcher made most of the decisions on the batting order and on who to rest and who to give chance. And Kohli also for not being a more assertive captain. Aggression is not something that's just shown on face. It also comes with the decisions that you take. Kohli had an easy series with Fletcher doing things behind scenes. And Fletcher also was utterly stupid with his decisions. Zimbabwe being so bad helped India a long way.

Only hope this gives Kohli the experience to start making his own decisions.

Owzat

International Coach
Only nine pages from an Indian series/tour thread, shows howc rap and one sided it was. Wasn't even close, or ever likely to be.

Most zimmer batsmen averaging mid to low 20s, only Kyle Jarvis averaging 1+ wkt per ODI played, and no bowler who bowled more than 10 overs conceded at less than 4.50 runs per over

All this series does is reinforce the need for tiers, quite why this needed five ODIs I do not know

Users who are viewing this thread