India tour of Zimbabwe(over and can be closed)

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
India's short tour of Zimbabwe
Wed Jul 24
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT 1st ODI - Zimbabwe vs India
Harare Sports Club, Harare
Fri Jul 26
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT 2nd ODI - Zimbabwe vs India
Sun Jul 28
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT 3rd ODI - Zimbabwe vs India
Wed Jul 31
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT 4th ODI - Zimbabwe vs India
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Sat Aug 3
09:30 local | 07:30 GMT 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs India
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

India squad: Virat Kohli (capt.), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Cheteshwar Pujara, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Parvez Rasool, Shami Ahmed, R Vinay Kumar, Jaydev Unadkat, Mohit Sharma.

Zimbabwe squad: Brendan Taylor (capt & wk), Sikandar Raza, Tendai Chatara, Michael Chinouya, Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Natsai M'shangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcolm Waller, Sean Williams

----------

Surprised that no one started a thread on this tour especially when India is meeting the tour with such a young side.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Should be a very competitive and tight series between the World No.1/World Champions and the World No.10 who probably play less cricket in a year than a domestic Ranji trophy team.

:rolleyes

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hope the Indians take it as another series and play to their potential and not just sit behind and play like jokers.Players should try to innovate,explode,exploit etc.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Good decision by India by sending youngsters.Eagerly waiting for Pujara,Parvez Rasool,Mohit Sharma and Unadhkat playing in the Indian jersey.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
My XI for the first ODI
Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli (c)
Cheteshwar Pujara
Suresh Raina
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Parvez Rasool
R Vinay Kumar (1)
Mohit Sharma/Shami Ahmed
Jaydev Unadhkhat(2)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't think they will go with Parvez Rasool straight away. He is there as a backup spinner because we already have Amit Mishra in the squad. Even though I want Rahane in the final 11, it's hard to fit him in this lineup.

Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dinesh Karthik
Suresh Raina
Ravindra Jadeja
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar
Mohit Sharma
Shami Ahmed

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I too want Rahane in the final XI and the only way is to replace either Raina or Pujara and thats not possible. If any one of these two is not performing well in the first games we could put in Rahane. Another way is to get him in as an opener but with Rohit Sharma and Dhawan playing so good it is near to impossible to get him in as an opener.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Pujara must play in all games here. He needs to increase the competition for places in the XI for our ODI side. That way, the ODI batsmen will be on their toes. Pujara can be a good choice for opening in ODI's. He is a top order player with good technique.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I am looking forward to this mainly for Pujara. Would like to see him get stuck in and cement a place in the ODI team.

I think that he can be valuable as an opener in ODIs, especially to partner someone like Shikhar Dhawan. But it seems as if he will be playing at number 4.

Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli (C)
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Suresh Raina
Ravinder Jadeja
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar
Jaydev Unadkat
Mohit Sharma

Really like that batting lineup but bowling is underwhelming. Our bench strength with the ball is really very weak, none of those fast bowlers are international quality (except maybe Vinay on a good day). None are test match options for sure.

Hopefully Rayudu can get some gametime as well

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Well there are many good batsmen in India and so the players in the squad need to put out their best in their given opportunities. I am a bit concerned about Raina,as he hasn't really played a good innings since the Pak and England ODI series.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looking forward to this tour. Zimbabwe don't play spin very well apart from Sean Williams so it'll be interesting to see how they play Mishra and Jadeja.

Ashu54

Club Captain
Well I'll remove raina seeing his form from the last year.. also I will drop rohit down on middle order Heres my XI-

Shikhar Dhawan
Ajinkya Rahane
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Dinesh Karthik
Rohit Sharma
Ravindra Jadeja
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar/Unadkat
Mohit Sharma
Shami Ahmed

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Well I'll remove raina seeing his form from the last year.. also I will drop rohit down on middle order Heres my XI-

Shikhar Dhawan
Ajinkya Rahane
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Dinesh Karthik
Rohit Sharma
Ravindra Jadeja
Amit Mishra
Vinay Kumar/Unadkat
Mohit Sharma
Shami Ahmed
I am sure that India wont consider Rahane to open when Rohit and Dhawan is opening so well .Even if they choose to play Rahane they would place him in the middle order.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am not moving Rohit out of that opening spot. He has found some sort of a consistency at that opening spot, and I would keep him there until he starts failing consistently at that spot.

Users who are viewing this thread