Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2008-09

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Fixture
Thu 20, 09:30 local, 07:30 GMT: 1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Harare Sports Club
Sat 22, 09:30 local, 07:30 GMT: 2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Harare Sports Club
Mon 24, 09:30 local, 07:30 GMT: 3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Harare Sports Club
Fri 28, 09:30 local, 07:30 GMT: 4th ODI - Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Harare Sports Club
Sun 30, 09:30 local, 07:30 GMT: 5th ODI - Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka, Harare Sports Club

Zimbabwe squad Prosper Utseya (capt), Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Keith Dabengwa, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingirayi Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Forster Mutizwa, Raymond Price, Edward Rainsford, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu

Sri Lanka squad
Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Udawatte, Chamara Kapugedera, Jehan Mubarak, Thilina Kandamby, Upul Tharanga, Farveez Maharoof, ThilanThushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Ajantha Mendis, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Angelo Mathews, Dammika Prasad.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I was thinking the same thing :)

Zim A did pretty well in their OD match bowling SL out under 250. But rain killed the chance to see how they would have gone batting.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was thinking the same thing :)

Zim A did pretty well in their OD match bowling SL out under 250. But rain killed the chance to see how they would have gone batting.

yea I was following some of the scores on cricinfo and they didn't do that bad.
I'm interested to see what youngsters Sri Lanka will play in these ODIs. I'm surprised that Sri Lanka have Murli in their squad, I would have brought some younger guys.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Agree certainly was a good time to give a few guys a run. Angelo Mathews is the only new one I can see but a few others are fairly new to the team.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Fernando would probably want to get his form back in this series. I just hope Zimbabwe can at least win one match, that would probably help them get their test status back.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
WOW!! i sow 92 for 3 after 22-23 overs and sow Mendis got ZERO wicket. and i was about to bust in here and say Zim is playing Mendis pretty good. they are playing really well! but i got side tracked by BD-SA game and i went to check Zim vs SL after 10 min

and its 126 for 8! Murali killed them!

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

and its 9 as i write my post...

poor Taibu at the other end just standing there

WestIndian

vBookie Team
It would appear that Zimbabwe is putting up some kind of fight, they seems to bowl well and have not given the Lankans a chance of blasting away at such a small score, just look at the strike rate of Sangakkara!!

nikhil_99

International Coach
Sangakkara guided SL to victory,so 1-0 now,it might be a white wash.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
hey the M&Ms did it, not like I expected anything else. other than Zimbabwe to put up more of a a fight.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka thrash hapless Zimbabwe

Look at the Crapinfo title...some Sri Lankan reporter wrote it probably...

Thrash! my perennium. it took them 3 extra overs to score those runs. Lost 4 wickets mean while to chase down a small target. and the way Zim's was playing at the beginning, specially the 3rd wicket partnership, it looked like Zim was gona put up a 200+ target...

thats not thrashing. Sri Lanka is relived to win that match....pssh...thrash....

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Certainly not the worst performance from Zimb, M&M were just too good for them in the end. Bowlers did well not to let it turn into a thrashing.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Zimbabwe lost 7 wickets for 3 runs. That's really bad from the middle and lower order, that they didn't make more runs on what the top order build for them. There were six ducks in Zimbabwe's innings.

Users who are viewing this thread