Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2008-09

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Losing by 6 wickets is definitely not getting thrashed, well played by Zimbabwe. Whenever there is a Zimbabwe match going on I always see Taibu scoring runs. He's so consistent, what a talent.

If it wasnt for M&M's, Zimbabwe could have gotten to 200 in this turning track. It was brilliant patient batting by Sanga that led SL to victory.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mendis will be the leading wicket taker in the series BTW how many did he take in the First ODI??

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
not playing them at all wont help? will it? at least its better then nothing

nikhil_99

International Coach
Sri Lanka won by 9 wickets & with 194 balls remaining ,they crushed them,look at Mendis's figures 6 overs:15runs:4 wickets! I think it will be a whitewash.

Arunava

Club Captain
not playing them at all wont help? will it? at least its better then nothing

bangladesh should tour them instead of Sri Lanka, and sri lanka should have toured South Africa. I know that dates and tours are already scheduled. But series drubbing won't help either. Also Ireland or Netherland touring Zim would have been great, which would have helped more than this tour.

And when they reach close to top level, then such top teams should tour these kinda teams.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Mendis is killing all teams not just Zimbabwe. But good dam just when you think they are improving this happens.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka are probably waiting to win the series and then they will try out the youngsters. But even if the youngsters play, they would have won against Zimbabwe.

And matches between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe are usually one sided. Of the top 12 of lowest totals of Zimbabwe Sri Lanka was 5 times the opposition. And of the 4 of lowest totals Sri Lanka was 3 times the opposition.

Lowest totals
Zimbabwe - One-Day Internationals
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/team/lowest_innings_totals.html?class=2;id=9;type=team

nikhil_99

International Coach
Its a 28 over match,SL 45/2 in 9.2 overs,Sangakkara still there,they will try to post 160-170 score,lets see what happens...SL have good bowlers to defend score...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It's now 64-3 after 13.3 overs. I didn't notice it was a 28 overs match till I read your comment. Zimbabwe is doing fine at the moment, because Sri Lanka has a runrate of 4.74.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
The pitch is slow and keeping low, and the Zimbabweans have a daunting task ahead of them. Their batting has let them down in the first two games and they'll be eager to make amends and make a match out of this one.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
But this time, Sri Lanka will lose it. Masakadsa giving Zimbabwe a good start

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
A good start of Zimbabwe. 32 runs in 5 overs and Masakadza got 23 runs in 14 balls so far.

Sibanda hits the third six of Zimbabwe's innings.

Users who are viewing this thread