India tour of Zimbabwe(over and can be closed)

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Actually i feel Rohit even better than Dhawan, as he is a consistent performer. Only problem for Rohit is that he cannot convert his 50s to centuries.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Actually i feel Rohit even better than Dhawan, as he is a consistent performer. Only problem for Rohit is that he cannot convert his 50s to centuries.

The most important thing for an opener is to give us a solid start, and Rohit has been doing it consistently for the last two tournaments. And we won both of them! Before, Rohit was getting mostly single digit scores in the middle order. Now moving up, he has started making useful contributions to the team at the top. He is slowly and eventually start getting big scores. I was a critic of Rohit in the middle order, but it looks like Rohit is finding his bearings at the top. Hope he can continue like this. For me, a solid 50 from Rohit would be good enough at the top as it provides India a platform.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This would hopefully be the starting XI:

Rohit Sharma
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dinesh Karthik
Suresh Raina
Ravindra Jadeja
Parvez Rasool
Vinay Kumar
Shami Ahmed
Mohit Sharma

Hope Kohli does not show an RCB bias and picks Jaydev Unadkat. Mohit deserves more than Unadkat to play. And Vinay Kumar can be a decent bat, and also a swing bowler in the mould of Bhuvaneshwar. Also, I would go for Rasool instead of Mishra. Don't know why, but I am not that big a fan of Mishra. If it was Dhoni, he would have gone for Mishra who has been with the side longer than Rasool. But don't know why, I am punting on Kohli to pick Rasool over Mishra.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This has to be the last-chance salon for Dinesh Karthik, who cannot possibly be the best wicketkeeper-batsman not named Dhoni in the entire country.

I don't think Mishra is a great limited overs spinner - it's difficult to be a legspinner in ODIs. You have to have amazing control, and control and legspin generally don't go together. Probably the last great limited-overs legspinner was Shane Warne, though Afridi (who as I type has taken 5 for 6 against West Indies) is right up there if you want to call him a legspinner. I know nothing about Rasool, so he's innocent until proven guilty.

Shami Ahmed bowled like crap the one game he got in the West Indies, and Jaydev Unadkat consistently bowls like crap during the IPL (not to mention the Tests he played in South Africa), so I guess that choice is about picking the lesser of two evils. Vinay Kumar is there or thereabouts. The fact that these three are playing is a sad indictment of pace bowling in the country. I assume Varun Aaron is still injured.

I'd expect Ajinkya Rahane to get a chance at some point, as well.

S

Satan666

Shami Ahmed bowled like crap the one game he got in the West Indies, and Jaydev Unadkat consistently bowls like crap during the IPL (not to mention the Tests he played in South Africa), so I guess that choice is about picking the lesser of two evils. Vinay Kumar is there or thereabouts. The fact that these three are playing is a sad indictment of pace bowling in the country. I assume Varun Aaron is still injured.

I'd expect Ajinkya Rahane to get a chance at some point, as well.

Oh please! Shami was going at 3 an over till his 7th and got blasted his last three when Tharanga went ballistic in the closing overs of the SL batting inns, cant blame Shammi for that.Had you followed the game you wouldve known that he bowled well in that game!

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Oh please! Shami was going at 3 an over till his 7th and got blasted his last three when Tharanga went ballistic in the closing overs of the SL batting inns, cant blame Shammi for that.Had you followed the game you wouldve known that he bowled well in that game!

Yes Shami is a good pacer but he needs to learn more.So to mold him well he should be taken in the final XI.He has been able to move the ball well and looks promising,He could bowl tight when the batsmen is not settled creating pressure but hasn't been able to produce wicket from the pressure created as Bhuvi does.:thumbs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I want Shami purely for the pace factor. With Vinay Kumar, Mohit Sharma and Unadkat not being very pacy and quick, Shami should be there just for that quickness factor. And he has been decent in the ODI's he has played so far. He is someone who can be nurtured by being given more games, like how we did with Bhuvi.

Yadav needs to be nurtured purely for test cricket. Shami can be our limited overs speedster.

S

Satan666

Yadav has done nothing to deserve a place in either ODI or the Test teams.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Yadav has done nothing to deserve a place in either ODI or the Test teams.

Well he is good in test.His pace make hims good for test.We couldn't say he is a complete waste for ODI as we watched him really in good nick against Aussie in Champions Trophy.But I recommend him to improve and play well in domestic limited over games.

S

Satan666

^Not a bad idea, allow him to play more first class games, hopefully out of India.

TheNameisNiru

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
the best way for our pacers to learn n improve is to allow em play the county matches outside India

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Playing county cricket outside India is sure a good option.But the Indian players never considered this option.In my limited knowledge the only Indian bowler to have bowled in the England County,in the resent time is Harbhajan.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing county cricket outside India is sure a good option.But the Indian players never considered this option.In my limited knowledge the only Indian bowler to have bowled in the England County,in the resent time is Harbhajan.

I think that this is purely down to money. English counties don't have the funds available to be able to pay Indian players to play for them.

I mean can you really picture MS Dhoni playing on a cold Aprils day for my side Kent, infront of a man and his dog for peanuts??

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think that this is purely down to money. English counties don't have the funds available to be able to pay Indian players to play for them.

I mean can you really picture MS Dhoni playing on a cold Aprils day for my side Kent, infront of a man and his dog for peanuts??

Is that how bad county cricket has become? I am asking a serious question as I have not been following county cricket in recent times.

Users who are viewing this thread