Newbie Mafia 2: Tennis (End Game) Mafia's win (User & Haarithan)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Bugger.
Yeah slight arithmetic error in my logic (like the one on day 1 when I couldn't count votes).
You guys played well but I'd make two points about balance.
3 mafia with power roles in a game of 9 is very strong.
We only mis-lynched once and yet lost.

----------

Added to that your role blocker could block the same person two nights in a row which meant that Hedger was blocked twice.
In a conventional setup you wouldn't be able to that (and none of the town roles did).

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, I agree that 3 mafia were a lot. But, I think even town roles could block/save people on consecutive nights. Also, Colin, it wasn't the case of you guys 'mis-lynching' only once. You guys claimed way too early.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
How did we claim too early?
My claim was to avoid coming up mafia and getting lynched, Hedger's enabled us to lynch Themer correctly. You guys were just lucky to take out the cop on night 1.

----------

But, I think even town roles could block/save people on consecutive nights.

They probably could but in a basic setup like this it gives the mafia too much power.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
How did we claim too early?
My claim was to avoid coming up mafia and getting lynched, Hedger's enabled us to lynch Themer correctly. You guys were just lucky to take out the cop on night 1.
I am referring to yours and APs claim. I realized that you were vanillas and hence went for someone like Bevab/Swirler.

I agree that in a newbie setup it shouldn't have been there but, that's how Aditya set it up. It's not that I won this and hence I am defending him sort. I would just say that he will learn. As all of us do. Just his first game as a mod. That's what these games are for anyways.

I'll soon post my player analysis too.

----------

They probably could but in a basic setup like this it gives the mafia too much power.
Yes, completely agreed. That rendered the town RB useless. It meant we could block him every time once we knew who he was.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yes, that was the turning point where I am concerned. I was like if someone claims Federer, he has to be the power role. It would have saved a town power role.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Colin - Yeah, the balance of this game was maybe not the best. As User said, I'd learn. This game has been a great learning experience for me and I must say, each and every player played an excellent game. All of you were active and contributed as much as you could. Quite happy with how this game progressed.

@Everyone - Do let me know your feedbacks whether good or bad about this game. So that, if I run a game in future, I will take care of the things I did wrongly in this game. Again, thanks to all the players for their support, much appreciated. :) Thanks to spectators, Varun and Mani too. :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@Aditya - if you do a short description I'll add it to the first post in the pinned thread. Haari's 2/2 as mafia is almost Abhas-esque!

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will it be fine if I do it tomorrow? Don't feel like writing a description at the moment. :p

6ry4nj

International Coach
I would suggest that, instead of experienced players playing in newbie games, they could be involved as non-playing 'coaches' or 'mentors'. So one would coach the town - in-thread - while another coached the mafia in their quicktopic. If there were any other alignments, they could have one mentor (and a quicktopic) each too.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
As everyone said, Adi probably could have done a better job with the functioning of role-blocks. He shouldn't have allowed me or Hedger to target the same person on consecutive nights. Also, he could have been a little strict regarding night posting stuff, it massively disadvantages the mafias, forces them to changing their night plans, eventually limiting their options. Otherwise, I found his modding to be pretty good.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Care to guess which football club Abhas supports? ;)

As does Caroline Wozniacki...

As everyone said, Adi probably could have done a better job with the functioning of role-blocks. He shouldn't have allowed me or Hedger to target the same person on consecutive nights. Also, he could have been a little strict regarding night posting stuff, it massively disadvantages the mafias, forces them to changing their night plans, eventually limiting their options. Otherwise, I found his modding to be pretty good.

It was your mafia teammate who was night posting!

Users who are viewing this thread