Newbie Mafia 2: Tennis (End Game) Mafia's win (User & Haarithan)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ssshhhhh. We won. :p

I am thinking of running another newbie mafia. This time a bit more advanced than these two. So, can I?

----------

Haari's 2/2 as mafia is almost Abhas-esque!
But, those tricks and moves of Abhas are still a long way off for him!

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think there should always be a simple mafia game running along with a themed mafia game. The simple ones don't really last very long and the more you play the better you get so it won't be long until everyone's pretty decent.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
It was your mafia teammate who was night posting!

Yeah, I was just speaking on a general basis that it disadvantages the mafias on most occasions. And I wasn't supporting User2010 either as in Post #176 off the QT. :p Though it was you who set the trend following the hammering of Themer by posting - 'Just to add', 'one more thought', 'one final thought'. :p

----------

Obviously. I've just gotten lucky TWICE! That is all. He's the true mafia godfather. :D

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I roleblocked User last night but was unsuccessful due to the mafia roleblocker. Maybe the mafia was a little overpowered with a roleblocker and a poisoner.

I had it worked out at the end. I thought we would win but I thought it would have been another goon rather than a mafia roleblocker. Haari claimed tracker and AP would die, there had to be another mafia and Haari obviously wasn't the godfather. User then claimed individual which pretty much told me everything. 3 mafia and 1 individual would be way too overpowered so I assumed User to be the godfather so I blocked him. It would have worked perfectly if there was no roleblocker but I was blocked. But yeah, mafia with a poisoner and roleblocker were overpowered. Number of mafia fine, but really, there should have only been a godfather, poisoner/roleblocker and a goon.

Anyway, well played. I've now learnt to take the balance of the game into account when working on my tactics. (It was much the same with WWE mafia. I didn't really take the mafia overpower into account and found it very hard to believe that two mafia came up town aligned). If I had, then I wouldn't have quickly lynched AP. Although then again, he was playing very poorly and really gave me another excuse to lynch him.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agree with the balance thing Adi. And there being no restrictions on the poisoner was a big surprise.

Mafia were too overpowered. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman

Where has Abhas disappeared to anyway. I miss playing with him. Having him as a mafia teammate is fun :p Of course, our first experience was ruined by Ollie calling the game early although I was already caught out. I'll always remember our HP Mafia turn around though :p

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Sorry for the balance guys but I do appreciate the feedbacks. They will surely help me when I run a game in future. Cheers guys!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Where has Abhas disappeared to anyway.
Yeah, it has been a while since I saw him posting here. No idea though. And, don't bring that turnaround up always. I was so close to winning that one! It feels sad. :(

----------

:p

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Forgot to post what happened in the night phases, here it is,

Night 1,

Code:
Townie's Power Roles :-
Maria Sharapova, role blocker (Hedger), role blocked Themer (SUCCESS)
Rafael Nadal, doctor (Swirler), protected BarmYarmy (SUCCESS)
David Ferrer, COP (Bevab), investigated Themer (SUCCESS)

Mafia's Power Roles :-
Serena Williams, Poisoner (Themer), poisoned Hedger (role blocked by Hedger) (Failed)
Caroline Wozinacki, Mafia Role Blocker (Haarithan), (role blocked Swirler, SUCCESS)
Andre Aggassi, Mafia Godfather (User2010), (Kills Bevab) (SUCCESS)

Night 2,

Code:
Maria Sharapova, role blocker (Hedger), role blocked Swirler (Not Successful)
Rafael Nadal, doctor (Swirler), protected Hedger_14 (Not SUCCESSful)

Caroline Wozinacki, Mafia Role Blocker (Haarithan), (role blocked Hedger, SUCCESS)
Andre Aggassi, Mafia Godfather (User2010), (Kills Swirler)(SUCCESS)

Night 3,

Code:
Maria Sharapova, role blocker (Hedger), role blocked Haarithan (Not Successful)

Caroline Wozinacki, Mafia Role Blocker (Haarithan), (role blocked Hedger, SUCCESS)
Andre Aggassi, Mafia Godfather (User2010), (Kills Near )(SUCCESS)

If you have any doubt, feel free to ask. :)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Night 1:

Rafael Nadal, doctor (Swirler), protected BarmYarmy (SUCCESS)

Caroline Wozinacki, Mafia Role Blocker (Haarithan), (role blocked Swirler, SUCCESS)

Swirler's protection of barmyarmy should have failed there. Fortunately for you, we didn't go for barmyarmy that night. :p

Night 3:

Maria Sharapova, role blocker (Hedger), role blocked Haarithan (Not Successful)

My role-block of Hedger should have failed here. Nevertheless, wouldn't have made any difference and the kill of Near would've been executed by User either way.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Don't worry about the first night. I had it in mind that Swirler's role will fail, it's just that I didn't edit the text file.

Users who are viewing this thread