Nidahas Trophy 2018 - India and Bangladesh in Sri Lanka T20I Tri-Series

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hate to brag, but had DK in my 19' WC squad since forever. The guy can open, keep and bat practically anywhere.

All those slacking Pandey and Shankar- Pandey is a passenger first 10 balls of his innings. Not new. Shankar is a new bloke and you need to persist with him and give him a rope to hang on to.. Would have said this even if we lost.

This series EMPHASISES our biggest strength in limited overs- KOHLI, BK and BUMRAH.

That moron Rohit Sharma with all his experience bailed on a final YET AGAIN!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was in a position in real life where Vijay Shankar was today. Obviously my match was just in college level. It's that day where you can't touch anything. Really feel for him. I can understand his position. But we won and hopefully Vijay shankar will sleep better tonight like Naman said.

FYI. I was also in position of DK. Just so you know, I am not a bad player :p

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I was in a position in real life where Vijay Shankar was today. Obviously my match was just in college level. It's that day where you can't touch anything. Really feel for him. I can understand his position. But we won and hopefully Vijay shankar will sleep better tonight like Naman said.

FYI. I was also in position of DK. Just so you know, I am not a bad player :p

:clap

I don't think I know of many cricketers who've hit 6 of the last ball with 6 needed. You're a superstar for getting that at any level!!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I was actually feeling very sad for Vijay Shankar today. He was thrown into the deep end for the first time and that too in a mighty crucial game like a tournament final and had India lost today, he would've taken a massive lot of slack from Indian fans, more so because it would've been so humiliating to lose to a joker team like Bangladesh (no offence to their skills; purely based on their behavior). If India had lost, it could've been curtains for him as he might not be picked again.

An experience like this should hopefully do him good. But a guy like Manish Pandey with a lot more experience batted too damn slowly and thats where the tightness started for us. He got lucky to get a 100+ S/R in the end.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Karthik pulled off a Dhoni here

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Rohit Sharma with all his experience bailed on a final YET AGAIN!
Not really, guys like Pandey don't suit the T20 format, he wasted 12 deliveries so Rohit had to go big.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hate to brag, but had DK in my 19' WC squad since forever. The guy can open, keep and bat practically anywhere.

All those slacking Pandey and Shankar- Pandey is a passenger first 10 balls of his innings. Not new. Shankar is a new bloke and you need to persist with him and give him a rope to hang on to.. Would have said this even if we lost.

This series EMPHASISES our biggest strength in limited overs- KOHLI, BK and BUMRAH.

Agree we need to persist with Shankar. We really need him in place of Pandya. After the recent series against SA, I have no confidence in Pandya. And Sundar too should be given chances as he has bowled really well too. Pandey seemed off color yes but, he is the one player we need for the WC. And tbf to Rohit, Pandey built a lot of unnecessary pressure by batting at 50 SR. Rohit was looking in top form till then.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

I am no Rohit Sharma fan, but I have to HUGELY disagree with this statement. Rohit could actually be in contention for MoM here. His innings actually kept India in a very healthy position. He did not make things tough for us. It was Pandey's batting and Shankar's inexperience that made it tough for us. Rohit batted carefree and was unusually very aggressive in the Powerplay today. Unlike his last innings of 80+, here he was more fluent and more carefree. He batted really well today (all credit to him).

And @AliB - I didnt demean Rohit by saying Bangladesh is his favorite. He scored big in a tight final and credit to him

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good to see we did not stoop to the Desh level and do reverse nagin dance or break the glass of dressing room. Take that the most arrogant team.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am no Rohit Sharma fan, but I have to HUGELY disagree with this statement. Rohit could actually be in contention for MoM here. His innings actually kept India in a very healthy position. He did not make things tough for us. It was Pandey's batting and Shankar's inexperience that made it tough for us. Rohit batted carefree and was unusually very aggressive in the Powerplay today. Unlike his last innings of 80+, here he was more fluent and more carefree. He batted really well today (all credit to him).

And @AliB - I didnt demean Rohit by saying Bangladesh is his favorite. He scored big in a tight final and credit to him

Sometimes your posts make me angry. Totally because I admire your knowledge and ability to read games.. Today was the sort of wicket where the guy who gets set needs to kick on. It wasn't as easy to straight away come in and accelerate. DK played an innings that only fits his talent and while I'm hugely happy for him this is a small sample of the massive talent he possesses, in all 3 formats. I remember I said he should replace Saha in tests and got slandered here..

Today, considering Rohit had made 50, we were chasing and he was the captain and set. THIS is the difference between him and Kohli.. After 300 odd appearances for India, 30+ age and as captain an average Joe would have made a 50 but a champion would have made a 80*.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I used to support Bangladesh in the past. But the behavior has lost my support. Afghanistan is way better than them.

B

Bigby Wolf

The last ball six reminded anyone of Dinesh's brother Arun Karthik six for RCB in the CLT20?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bigby Wolf

I remember the six. But I didn't know he was DK's brother. Are you sure ?
Yeah I don't think so they are related but I assumed seeing the last name and both play for Tamil Nadu (my bad :D its like by that logic Shikhar Dhawan and Varun Dhawan are brothers).

Last edited by a moderator:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I don't think so they are related but I assumed seeing the last name and both plays for Karnataka (my bad :D its like by that logic Shikhar Dhawan and Varun Dhawan are brothers).
Haha. No problem :D And both played for RCB at some point but they didn't play for Karnataka :p

Users who are viewing this thread