Nrl 2009

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still not as strong as the sharks back row lol, Hoffman is overrated... goes missing in big games all the time, he is used best for hole running but doesnt like getting hit... problem

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh he was the best forward for NSW the whole origin series... came off the bench with real impact and did the same for Aus

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah for sure. Sharks forward pack was already strong and now with Tupou it will be devastatingly strong. Sharkies will have to consider anything less then then a top 5 finish a failure of a season imo.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Dragons will be top 4 as well.. cant wait for the derby day lol

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Stgeorge 54 - 6 Roosters :) Morris, Scott, Lett and Stanley got doubles :) Roosters were understrength though lol. One of there main stars though, Anasta, barely touched the ball lol.

Leverocks

School Cricketer
can't wait for the NRL Season.. just watchin some highlights of trial matches.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Where you watching these highlights?
Raiders started their trail match well taking a 12-0 lead but after changing the side they lost their way to give the Broncos the win. By reports Croker played on the wing like Carney he has been moved from centre to wing. Our defence in the backs wasn't good that could again prove a big weakness when the season starts.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Stgeorge go 2 from 2 for the season. Quite amazing considering our usually crappy start. Hopefully we smash the bunnies and ruin their grand final, then get a decent start to the season and beat Cronulla. If we don't beat Cronulla and injure Barrett (Well this one is just a add on for my enjoyment :D), but we win the first 2 then its a pointless start to the season tbh. Haven't read the match report of the match against the Doggys yet, but we made front page from a trial game so we must be good :)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Found this at LU

NRL teams as Actresses

Broncos - Kate Winslet

Bankable big name talent.Might not always win the Oscar but always nominated.

Bulldogs - Angelina Jolie

Puts out the image of the family club but is prone to off field scandal.

Raiders - Demi Moore

Big force in the 90s and looking to rebuild with younger men.

Sharks - Kate Richie
A big hit on the bay but yet to make waves out in the real world.

Knights - Hilary Swank

Can dress up well on a big night but no disputing working class roots.

Warriors - Penelope Cruz
Exotic foreign talent,sometimes a little hard to understand but in the prime of career.

Eels - Winona Ryder

Was big in the 80s but has become a bit of a lost cause in recent times.

Panthers - Keira Knightly
Had a stellar 2003 but has since become bogged down in period dramas.

Titans - Kate Hudson
Inoffensive and nice to look at but yet to produce anything of real substance.

Sea Eagles - Nicole Kidman

Blue chip commodity but not widely loved.

Storm - Salma Hayek
The best thing to come out of Mexico in quite some while.

Cowboys - Jennifer Aniston
Started out as a comedy act,has tried to play more serious roles lately but often ends up with a broken heart.

Rabbitohs - Katie Holmes
Best known for the dominating big name Hollywood actor in their lives.

Dragons - Calista Flockhart
Bit skinny in the key positions and recently started a relationship with a high profile older man.

Roosers - Julia Roberts
Still commands the big bucks but something of a fading force.

Tigers - Reese Witherspoon
Picked up an Oscar in 2005 but not even they know how they did it

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Nicole Kidman theory, must be an opposite theory, cause as we've gotten better as she's gotten worse. Though I guess the theory in general is spot on.

At least we aren't being compared to Winona Ryder though. :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
With the NRL season just a few days away now (:D) I'm gonna post my tips. Feel free to join in and we can make our own mini tipping league if you guys want.

Broncos vs Cowboys - 28 - 12
Even with the loss of Bennett and some big name players, I believe Broncos have the depth and quality to see off North Queensland.

Storm vs St George - 10 - 14
I just can't tip against my saints, even though we normally always lose our first game, it's against Melbourne and it's in Melbourne!!! I reckon we can win it though, we have 2 big props, some star backs and proven halves combination as well as good hole runners in second row/lock.

Bulldogs vs Manly - 12 - 36
I reckon the minor premiers will get off to a good start against the wooden spooners, despite the dogs picking up Kimmorely and Manly having to deal with all that unwanted press attention in the vital preparation stages.

Roosters vs Souths - 13 - 12
Souths won the charity shield, but they win that a lot without finding success where it matters. The rabbits have some good young talent though in Sandows and Luke as well as some stars like Wesser. They could take this out but I can't go past the Roosters here.

Cronulla vs Penrith 4-10
Anyone that knows me wont find this a surprise; I NEVER tip the sharks :) The sharks have a good front row but I'm praying Penrith can humiliate Cronulla.

Gold Coast vs Newcastle - 16 - 6
This is a tough one but with the Titans at home I went with them. I like there team, especially there front row so I've gone with them.

Warriors vs Eels - 10 - 8
I've gone with this purely from last years results and the fact that New Zealand are at home. They are quite a force at home and aren't easy to beat. It will be a dog fight though I reckon, and hopefully there is some rain as well to make it a bit more interesting. I'm praying this game is a saturday night game as well.

West Tigers vs Canberra - 32 - 24
Real tough one this, and my head is saying Canberra but my heart is saying Tigers seems I have a lot of uncles and cousins who support them. It's not easy, probably the hardest tip of the week and if Canberra were at home I would have went for them. It's at Cambelltown and West Tigers always want to perform there seems they don't play there much.

Users who are viewing this thread