Rugby League Nrl 2012

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
2 changes for NSW, Grant and Watmough in. Good to have 4 props again although probably could have just gone with Woods over one of the 3 backrowers on the bench and left Gallen at lock the whole match.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Definitely take Watmough over Buhrer. He's the only Manly player that should be anywhere near the side in reality, but was pretty much the only one left out in game one.

Grant's not bad, didn't think he'd get a mention though. Considering Tony Williams was picked for game one with almost zero game time, I thought Galloway might've been a chance. At least he's played a few games since his injury and played well for Australia in the four nations.

Might be a bit early for Woods, but he could be a player for the future. Strong defender and just does his job of taking the ball forward, nothing too fancy or stupid mistakes.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Haha, I forgot all about Anasta :p I doubt he'll be happy with it, but ideally he would come off the bench and cover lock, second row and halves. Ayshford has been thrown into 5/8 a couple of times, so it'd be good to have Anasta as a back-up instead.

Adam Blair finally had a good game last night. He should imagine he's playing Melbourne every week. Ryan did well as last minute fullback, especially in those conditions too.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Ah, Wayne Bennett.. the Robbie Deans of the NRL.

Unless the Raiders can string some back-to-back wins together, you'd probably rather just lose every game until Furner finally gets the ass.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I swear NRL referees are the worst of any sport :facepalm Other than all the corrupt match-fixers in soccer of course.

This Roosters/Broncos game has been an absolute shocker. Half the tries should never have happened.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Doesn't seem to matter what Furner does according to Mcinterye. I don't take much out of the win against the Knights but happy for Edrick showing what he can do. We beat the Eels earlier and a few weeks later we are getting 40-0 at home.

Yea some of the decisions in that game were shocking.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I thought Furner might've been on thin ice after being called up to face the board or whatever last weekend. Last night's win just buys a little extra time, and considering how poor the Eels and Knights have been all year, they're not scalps that should hold much weight.

Edrick does look a good prospect. Only looked to be in about 3rd gear on that last try down the sideline, and good luck making the tackle if you can catch him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
God knows what happened last week but we ended up with Furner announcing on Monday that the team was taking a break on the central coast. Sums up our club calling a press release just to annouce that.

Edrick is like Bolt, he takes ahile to get into gear but once in full flight he is dam quick.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
This is going to follow the script of most origin games - NSW on top for 90% of it, a couple of lapses in defence and Qld will score just enough.

We've managed to injure two of their most overrated players in Tate and Hodges. Hopefully they can repay the favour and take out Brett Stewart.

----------

Well Farah handed that one to Stewart on a silver platter.

----------

Jeez who didn't see that coming? :facepalm Brett Stewart obviously, nice work racing up and putting Uate off from taking the bomb.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This might be the year, Slater ruled out for SOO 3 not that they are short of options with Inglis, Boyd, Barba and Bowen. The latter two would avoid the issue of who to pick at centre or wing.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Parker was in a bit of a state too. Kinda 50/50 on Slater not being there, he's dangerous, but both games have been shockers by his standards. Boyd is so massively overrated too, I forgot they had even picked him. I don't think they'll gamble on Barba, Inglis would be my first choice, but I'd be hesitant to move him given the way he's been playing, so Bowen would be the next best.

As for NSW, drop B. Stewart, move Hayne to FB and bring the other Morris in on the wing.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Uate spot looks most in doubt, he's been terrible in the two games so far. However there ain't many putting their hands up, B Morris has been pretty average.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I like Uate, but I have little faith in him fielding kicks. I still think it was partly Stewart's fault on that halftime screw-up though.

My push for Hayne at fullback is a little sketchy after some of his mistakes last night, but I find it hard to cheer for a team with Brett Stewart. Hell, I'd go with Minichello if not Hayne.

The other Morris is the Dragons one right? I hardly pay attention to Bulldogs/Dragons game, but I know I've got both Morris brothers in my fantasy team, and they seem like capable origin players.

Users who are viewing this thread