Of all the batsman in India this guy gets MRF bat deal

Couldn't care less about a chimpanzee eating hairs off the back of another chimpanzee in a jungle somewhere.

Is it really that big a deal? I mean just because Lara and Tendulkar have used it doesn't mean it should exclude everyone. MRF obviously feel they want to broaden their sponsorship to endorse their company more. If Aaron Redmond can use an MRF anyone can!

Aaron does not anymore. He will be sued if he did.

You guys won't understand. We Indian's are touchy about some subjects. :p

But the point is he did use it. Is there a kind of 'we hate Rohit Sharma' thing going on in India?

Yes. I don't particularly see why either. Sure he's been called up a little early, but that's not his fault. He's a seriously talented young cricketer, who's performed very well in the IPL against some top quality cricketers, but he's just not been able to replicate that on the International stage. Reminds me alot of Ravi Bopara. When he's on form he looks like a top, top class batsman, but that form is a little few and far between. I think they'll both have long international careers though, there's definitely something about them both.

it is just a bat, someone should close this thread, why are we going on about some pointless player getting a bat contract.

So far from what I've read, is there some kind of thing where only certain stand out cricketers are allowed to use the MRF or are you guys just saying that Rohit Sharma doesn't deserve it?

So far from what I've read, is there some kind of thing where only certain stand out cricketers are allowed to use the MRF or are you guys just saying that Rohit Sharma doesn't deserve it?
yes, but i would change the words around a bit. only certain stand out cricketers have used this bat. mainly 3. LARA, SACHIN, WAUGH. and sharma is no where near those category.

its a trade mark, and so people find it soo hard to understand this simple thing and make dumb comments. "its just a bat"

Oh, so he is being groomed to be the next Sachin Tendulkar???

I am not happy at all. MRF has been associated with legends like Sachin, Lara, Steve Waugh, etc. Its not nice to see upcoming guys who havent reached a certain level to get an MRF contract and sport MRF bats.

The 3 greatest batsman of the modern era - Brian Lara, Steve Waugh, and Sachin Tendulkar have been the only ones to represent MRF and use the bat. It's a sign of prestige, and MRF have always stated that only the world's best will use the bat. It is NOT 'just another bat'.

And then came Rohit Sharma.

The 3 greatest batsman of the modern era - Brian Lara, Steve Waugh, and Sachin Tendulkar have been the only ones to represent MRF and use the bat. It's a sign of prestige, and MRF have always stated that only the world's best will use the bat. It is NOT 'just another bat'.

And then came Rohit Sharma.

aaron_redmond_0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread