Of all the batsman in India this guy gets MRF bat deal

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Prehaps all of you should get an MRF Shutthef***up.

God damnt, it's MRF's decision who to sponsor and who not to. If they want to sponsor Sharma, so be it. It's not your company or your chacha's company; I don't get why you guys are so upset about it.

It's just a damn sticker. Seriously, you're arguing about him getting a stupid sticker on his bat and some money (which he would get anyway although possibly abit less from a different sponsor)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
And a pretty dumb marketing ploy to give such a huge deal to a guy like Rohit Sharma. :sarcasm

MRF is a Chennai based company and had a cricket loving CEO when he signed the likes of Lara, Sachin, and Waugh. He wanted his brand to be a sign of achievment and glory, thus signing only the greatest of the game.

I read somewhere that the deals were worth over 8million for Sachin, and lesser sums for Lara and Waugh. But iirc the old CEO either died or retired, and this new guy obviously doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Those who say 'its just a bat' dont understand the damn sentiment. MRF has become like a must have only for the greatest cricketers. Seeing it being used by anyone really makes a difference. Sticker or not, its a brand to be associated with the best, and its not good to see it with Rohit Sharma and the likes yet.

Anyways, things will change and MRF will lose respect pretty soon.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
That's MRF's loss.

Exactly. It's poor business foresight on the part of MRF but it's really nothing more than that.

I understand the sentiment thing but frankly, you guys are just being a little gay.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Exactly. It's poor business foresight on the part of MRF but it's really nothing more than that.

I understand the sentiment thing but frankly, you guys are just being a little gay.

??????:confused::confused:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Prehaps all of you should get an MRF Shutthef***up.

God damnt, it's MRF's decision who to sponsor and who not to. If they want to sponsor Sharma, so be it. It's not your company or your chacha's company; I don't get why you guys are so upset about it.

It's just a damn sticker. Seriously, you're arguing about him getting a stupid sticker on his bat and some money (which he would get anyway although possibly abit less from a different sponsor)

Agreed. Arguing about it on this forum isn't going to cause MRF to take the deal off Rohit. Players are constantly getting signed to new brands and getting paid for endorsements. It's part of cricket. It's not going to change.

Users who are viewing this thread