Official MLB Thread

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1986.gif

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Hell yeah, about time!

Favourite teams: Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Redsox, Seattle Mariners (even though they fail constantly), Chicago Cubs (102-year drought!)

Hated teams: Yankees (I hate them for so very many reasons, especially that A-rod douche)

Hopefully someone can stop the Yankees getting another championship this year. They Rays need to hang in there. The dark horse this year are the Texas Rangers - they've got a very solid team, strong offense, and quality pitching that has just been massively boosted by the signing of Cliff Lee.

I think Mark supports the Astros, but surely he'd be buzzed by a Rangers win?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Everyone hates the Yankees, because they are good and cocky. They will win again this year.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Everyone hates the Yankees, because they are good and cocky. They will win again this year.

The lack of a salary cap in baseball is an issue for me. The Yankees simply buy all the best players. It is with the greatest displeasure that I have to agree with you McLovin - I think they'll win again this year. I just hope a team like the Rangers or Cardinals can knock them out of the postseason.

It was a shame the Rays didn't win the World Series 2 years ago. I love the Rays. It's great when a low-budget team can perform so well.

P

pcfan123

Lets see, now that old money bags is dead the organization might lose some of its aggressiveness.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
As you can see from my sig, I am a Rays fan myself. The Yanks certainly have a challenge on their hands this year, as was shown by the Rays putting in a good performance and taking a 10-5 win over them yesterday.

The AL East is just way too strong though, with 3 of the best teams in baseball and 2 others who are not too shabby either. Interesting trivia: the AL East is currently home to teams with 3 of the best 4 records this year.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Well, Rays lost today. I think the Twinkees (Yankees) will run away with the division title now. I just hope a very strong team in the other divisons and the NL knock the Yankess out. The Phillies and Angels just weren't good enough to do it last year - that's what happens when The Yankees buy the best pitchers and hitters in the MLB.

I couldn't give the slightest damn about Steinbrenner. Miserable old greedy prick he was.

P

pcfan123

Revenge Yankee style :0

FYI Playing a season in MLB the Show

Check out my line up

Chase Utley .373
Lance Berkman
Carlos Beltran .400 plus
Miguel Tejada .476
Carlos Lee .445
Geoff Blum.460
Hunter Pence
rest are rookies

Not bad eh :) gotta love the "force trade" option :laugh

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Cool! I never did buy MLB10 - the price should have dropped by now, and I'm keen to pick it up...

-D-S-B-

International Coach
How much better is MLB the show over the 2K sports MLB games?

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I had MLB 2k9 and by 2015 had amassed a team full of top young stars (all 90 ratings) with the Rays to complement the excellent matured pitching of Kazmir, Shield and Garza. Sometimes the trading on these games can be too easy!

I also have The Bigs 2 on the Wii which is a good fun, if arcadey game. On the career mode with the Rays you can play 3 players you've "stolen" from other teams in any one game, so I regularly get Lincecum, Ichiro and Wright to complement my legendary player and the rest of the Rays squad.

P

pcfan123

How much better is MLB the show over the 2K sports MLB games?

No comparison at all, the SHow is the best sports game to ever come out.

Mark added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

My bullpen is not half bad either :)

Oswalt
Sabathia
Saito
Backe

- The relievers are mostly crap but Ive got a few who throw many off-speed pitches and can keep going for at least 2 innings

Manly

Thor
I've resorted to playing on 08, gonna order 10.

Playing as the Phils, currently 10-6, Utley hasn't come alive yet, Victorino is absolutely caning it, though.

P

pcfan123

Weird, Utley is king in 09, and should be in 10. I might get another copy of 10 if you are getting one Ben, get some online action going since 09 online has been disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread