Online Sharjah Cup Tournament

R

Rangeela

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about hosting an Online Sharjah Cup tournament.
Nothing has been decided so far as the rules and which teams will be playing as of yet.
But I am open for any suggestions you might all have. I will try my level best to accommodate in the tournament.

Thank You

Rangeela

R

Rangeela

I have received lots of PM about using built in tournament.

I tried experimenting with a built in sharjah cup which cricket 2002 has. This would make stats much easier to track.
But it looks like the built in tournament would not work at all.
The reasons for that are:

1. There will be 4 teams playing the tournament which all 4 teams has to be selected as a user. The player batting first can bat out his inning and than he will have to bowl first over to the opponent and than save a game but not the tournament than he will lose a points. But problem occurs when a player batting 2nd uses the gametweak to bat out his inning the bowling is not automatically given to the computer since the user was selected for all teams participating in the tournament.
2. We try to finish each game within a week. If we use the built in tournament which will consists of 6 first round matches it will take us about 6 weeks or so to finish the first round. The teams playing second group match will have to depend on the first group match participants to send the save tournament game file as quickly as possible. I know we can shorten the time period for each game but looking at the fact that we all have school and work at the same time to full fill.

If you have any suggestions to overcome these issues please do let me know.
thx

Rangeela

R

Rangeela

One more thing ... Only 4 teams will be playing in the tournament.
Teams will be decided later since I am just a little busy with my work for about a week but I will have something ready by after a week or so but till than all the suggestions are welcome

Thank You

Rangeela

R

Rangeela

and yes I will not participate in the tournament to make it fair for other participants :P :up:

unless if we dont get enough participations for the tournament.

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Hey Rangeela,can I be one of the participants?I want to finally play a game over the net,if that's okay with you.I will be Pakistan.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey it seems that this will be a good tournament. I'll see if I can take time off to play too :P

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by ritwikgames@Apr 26 2003, 07:41 AM
Hey it seems that this will be a good tournament. I'll see if I can take time off to play too :P
yeah ritwik it is going to be a good tournament since I will not be participating :D nah I am just kidding

i hope this is going to be turn out as good as previous tournaments.

I will make an official announcements for participation for teams within a week or so ..... just keep checking back the forums and post your entry than if you like to participate

Thank you for understanding

Rangeela

U

UnderTaker

Originally posted by Rangeela@Apr 26 2003, 12:55 PM
and yes I will not participate in the tournament to make it fair for other participants :P :up:

unless if we dont get enough participations for the tournament.
ya me also.. i am also not goin to take part...

last one was a moderator's final...lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanx
UnderTaker

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
I'm sure i'll be participating as one of the player. At any cost allocate south africa for me.

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

I'd rather have you and UnderTaker playing instead of not.I can see it now,me,Rangeela,Ritwik and UnderTaker in the best of Sharjah cups.What a tournament that would be!And as my first one!If I play,I'll play my best.I'm sure we can fit you in Kar_ind,so I don't want this: :argue: .OK? :lol:

Auwais.

R

radaga

i would like to play but if there are already enough teams i don't mind if i can't

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

We might have too many,Rangeela.Then what will happen? :huh:

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Hey Rangeela,since when were you Cricket 2002 online tournament winner?I haven't just noticed now.

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Auwais he won the first Online World Cup tournament that was sponsored by Cricket 2002 Online. I think you were not registered in the forums then.

Ritwik

Users who are viewing this thread