Outfield catches? Have you made any?

fezza

Club Captain
I have yet to get ANY outfield catching opportunities. I have used both custom fields with men on boundary and set my own (based on years of playing the real thing). AI either knick balls to the ground or the go straight for 4 or 6. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

lurk

School Cricketer
I have yet to get ANY outfield catching opportunities. I have used both custom fields with men on boundary and set my own (based on years of playing the real thing). AI either knick balls to the ground or the go straight for 4 or 6. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Was just about to ask the same thing. Barely any for me.

charles04

Club Cricketer
none. just like the prev title the few lofted shot played that ive seen dropped in front of fielder.

D

Deleted member 185125

I had a few. On play now mode and competition mode. Have observed mostly happening on bigger grounds.

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have had a few in the Play Now mode. Would agree they don't happen as often as they should.

I find the balls hit in the air magically die and fall out of the sky just before getting to the fielders. Game definitely feels scripted as to when you get a wicket when bowling. Kinda like the really old international cricket captain days when you could predict a wicket falling because your PC would make a particular noise prior to the highlight showing.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had a few..

Please don't tell me these outfield catches are another thing they have ironed out in the latest patch..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
In competition mode, I took my first catch (After 5 Tests and in my fourth ODI) not by WK or slip/possibly gullyish fielder today. I caught a limp pull on the ring/inner circle.

As for Career, I think that I might have had one catch close in (Midwicket) not by WK, slip or short leg. Certainly the ball always bounces shy of the boundary riders.

Nahyan Ameen

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have taken catches on the edge of the inner circle and on the boundary more frequently in t20. I also too a catch in the inner circle by cleverly placing a fielder at midwicket very close to the batsman. The batters are very careful about hitting the balls to fielders in the air just like they are super cautious when it comes to getting run out. So far in cricket 19 I have never gotten a run out but I have managed to take catches in the deep and the edge of the inner circle.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Have had loads of outfield catches. Also the secret to taking them seems to be keeping the left stick in movement whilst pushing the X in the centre. Have had friends in multiplayer dropping them over and over and it was them moving into the circle, releasing the left stick and pressing X.

Users who are viewing this thread