Pakistan in India

Wow what another boring game how anyone can say this series is bigger than the Ashes is beyond me.Poor fielding from both sides mainly Pakistan,the flattest batting tracks ever and defensive fields all add up to the dullest series of test cricket i have ever seen.

true,this series is as dull as the last series between these two countries.

I agree. One of the most boring tours ever by Pakistan. Even the ODI series was quite boring with not much spark between the two sides. I feel regular playing between them, and the friendly atmosphere is robbing India-Pakistan cricket of most of its spark.

At one point of time during India's batting when Ganguly and Pathan turned it on, it really got boring for me to see India pile up so many easy runs through Pakistan's horrible bowling attack with their strike bowler turning up half fit in both matches.

Well its another long and boring draw in this series...all we've seen is runs and more runs, can we have a pitch favouring the bowlers please?! Maybe a dustbowl?....

yup i agree...not one of the best/exciting series between these 2 sides...and this test match sums up the series nicely...apart from this is gonna end i a draw but the series in indias win...

I agree. One of the most boring tours ever by Pakistan. Even the ODI series was quite boring with not much spark between the two sides. I feel regular playing between them, and the friendly atmosphere is robbing India-Pakistan cricket of most of its spark.

At one point of time during India's batting when Ganguly and Pathan turned it on, it really got boring for me to see India pile up so many easy runs through Pakistan's horrible bowling attack with their strike bowler turning up half fit in both matches.

I'm not going to complain about a friendly atmosphere. Intensity is good, but hostility isn't.

Its sad to see how Pakistan cricket has fallen in the last couple of years.
Mishbah, Khan, and MoYo at times are the only one that provide resistance. Newly, its been Butt, and Akmal has had a good series.
But the rest have nothing to write home about. Its the unfit bowlers, the terrible spinners. NO offense intended, but I have seen a better Pakistan line up before.
And they use to have the strongest bowling attack in the game. What happened?

I don't think it's fallen that far. They're recovering from Inzy leaving and two of their front line bowlers out.

If we had Khan, and Pathan out, playing a test. With Kumble in bad form, we wouldn't do well either.

i belive that Karthik wont be selected for the tour of Australia, he didnt do good with the bat at all and in this test there were so manny byes and alot of them were on his account.

Parthiv Patel has the edge over Karthik for Australia. He is an opener, has the experience of playing in Australia and is in brilliant form. Would be surprised if Karthik is persisted with.

Kumble is even more defensive captain then Ganguly. His field setting to Misbah and Akmal are mid baffling. If you are going to score 600+ and still have men on boundaries then whats point in declaring or throwing wickets. Go on score 800 runs.
Anyways this test is also gone the boring way. If Pakistan had won the toss then it would have been diffrent story though cos Indian batting most of times crumble under pressure.

The pitches at Kolkata and B`lore have been shockers.
In fact, 4 out of the last 6 Indo-Pak tests have been played on absolute pancakes (The other two being Lahore and Faislabad in 2006)

This is ruining test cricket in India.
We must go back to out dustbowls, at least spinners will get wickets on those.

With the attempts to get quicker pitches, the previously sporting wickets at Kolkata and B`lore have become sleeping beauties.

These pitches have nothing for the spinners or the seamers, horrible.

This is because in such a case there will always be a loser. I'm sure you read the cricinfo article, but in such an intense rivalry neither side wants to lose face.

I think if we made our relations more friendly we could make our pitches more sporting. Too much is made out of these contests so no one wants to risk it to win.

The only team that can win the match (if at all a result can be forced) is Pakistan.
If they declare their innings, or even get bowled out around 600 before tea.
They can force a win by trying to bowl India out in 2 sessions .

Trust me, it is on the cards because India will be under pressure here and we all know how we`ve tended to fold up in the second innings of test matches under pressure.
All it needs is a great spell from Shoaib and some support from the other bowlers.

It`ll be India who`ll look to play out a draw from now on and it`ll be Pakistan who`ll be trying to force a win from here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread