South Africa A in India

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Today is actually Aakash Chopra's 30th birthday!
If you're reading this Aakash, Happy birthday :) And we're all big fans here at pc ;)

Btw, Yo Mahesh's track record looks pretty good to me.
He's just 19 and has played only 12 FC matches (9 List A's) and its a pretty good bowling average of 31 in the FC and a fantastic one of 19 in the LA's.

Cricinfo has slated him as an "allrounder", and it looks like he's going to be a good prospect for India in the future. He has a Strike Rate of 130+ in Twenty20s. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Do you have any idea how fast is Yomahesh? Long time back when the U-19 World Cup was going on, they said he had the potential to be India's "Brett Lee" or something like that. Of course, our media overhypes things badly enough.

Would like to know his speed. I hope he is a good promising prospect because Indian bowling seriously needs some big boost. Hopefully, the return of Irfan along with Zaheer should boost us in the upcoming ODI series.

No, but Ishant Sharma looked quite quick at times. He does have potential to play for India, this fellow.

At least he should play instead of Agarkar, in the name of God...

But Amit Mishra looked like crap. I don't think he has a chance against Piyush Chawla to make it to the Test squad..

Amit Mishra? Once upon a time, he was seen as the next potential replacement to Kumble right? Anyway we have found our future spinner in Piyush. We can also may be try Ojha or some other good left arm spinners to have a good battery of spinners who can be rotated.

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Do you have any idea how fast is Yomahesh? Long time back when the U-19 World Cup was going on, they said he had the potential to be India's "Brett Lee" or something like that. Of course, our media overhypes things badly enough.

Would like to know his speed. I hope he is a good promising prospect because Indian bowling seriously needs some big boost. Hopefully, the return of Irfan along with Zaheer should boost us in the upcoming ODI series.

Amit Mishra? Once upon a time, he was seen as the next potential replacement to Kumble right? Anyway we have found our future spinner in Piyush. We can also may be try Ojha or some other good left arm spinners to have a good battery of spinners who can be rotated.

I watched the under 19 world cup final he touched 143 mark when he was 18
so he must have gained some speed.

Indian fast bowling future is looks bright now we are getting sharp bowlers{145} and tall bowlers who hit the deck like ishant sharma ,vrv singh
{i think he has great potential allthough he has yet to prove himself} and yomahesh .any body knows how fast pankaj singh is he looks pretty tall
I Am very excited when we will see all of them together And waiting for a genuine express bowler.

Also sunil gavaskar needs to respect the indian fast bowlers he just keeps
reminding of those days when indians could not afford to bowl short .he needs to look at the speed gun,i wonder why he gets so agitated when any body says indians cannot play bounce but he himself just thinks indians are 120-130 km bowlers who just have to bowl full .

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Was the game washed off today? Didn't see any Live action on NEO Sports.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Day 2 has also been delayed by rain so far.

pal

International Coach
How about that Badrinath? 88* and 4/43 in the 3rd ODI.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think off spinners, if I'm not mistaken, he was a level below part timer and it was only a hunch to bowl him today to break the partnership, but he kept going.

Users who are viewing this thread