South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone got pics of the Sehwag/Dhoni/Tendulkar look alikes?Did you see Tendulkars reaction when he saw them on the big screen!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Gibbsrules said:
Anyone got pics of the Sehwag/Dhoni/Tendulkar look alikes?Did you see Tendulkars reaction when he saw them on the big screen!

Tendulkar had a smile on his face seeing his and Sehwag's look alikes on the big screen! :D

Gibbsrules said:
A day of frustration for us SA fans.Wtf was Kallis thinking?He had got us out of early trouble,but then put us back in trouble with his snail like scoring.This put pressure on people like Kemp to slog from ball one.I've never been so happy to see Kallis get out before.The bowlers tried their best to defend the total,and showed plenty of comitment,but we were always 20-30 runs short.We also missed some chances that needed taking.Sehwag was dropped,then smashed us all over,then Dravid was dropped on 32,a couple of runout oppertunities and plenty of edges past the keeper.Not taking anything away from India though,they bowled superbly and paced their innings well.As for the umpiring,awefull!Sehwag definetly not out,Pollock being wided for a good ball and that ball that Langeveld stopped being given as four!

As for the series,a great series and maybe a draw was a worthy result.Both sides can take a lot away from this series.I think SA did well in India as everyone thought they would easily be beaten,but we played well,even without some of our top players(Gibbs,Dippenaar,Boje).Botha was a great find and he should develope in provincial series and should become a great bowler.India should be proud of their performance under pressure and they have a very good,young side developing.I just think you guys expect too much of them at times.Come World Cup 2007,I think we will see these two sides meet again,and be challengers for that trophy.
As for us,were off to Australia to hopefully see if our claim to be the worlds best is true.Can't wait for that!

yes, the umpiring was awful today! this isnt Eden Gardens but still roaring. But that doesnt justify so many bad decisions in the day! Lot of harsh wides on the South African bowlers, poor decision for Sehwag when he was just smashing, Langeveldt stopped brilliantly and I was pretty surprised to see it being given four! Harper has been bad today and so has been Hariharan!

OH, I support South Africa to beat Australia in Australia! They have my full support. I am very very impressed with your captain Graeme Smith and I am really confident he will become one of your greatest captains! Good luck to your team!

cricket_lover said:
"P.s: Who all watched Yuvraj being showered with drinks by his team mates when Shastri announced that he was the joint Man of the Series? A revival of the yesteryears when the team used to celebrate ecstatically like this and show their unity despite difference in opinions! The unity of the team was heart warming to see! All I hope is that a certain player (well the world knows who he is?!) does not act as a disruptive and disturbing influence in this otherwise bubbling and vibrant team!"

I don't know what you mean by that. That certain player was part all the great wins and he was an important part of that bubbling, vibrant, united team. It may not be by his strokeplay but nonetheless he was the captain, and led like a captain.
An odd year will not change his attitude nor does it take respect away from him.

I was not surprised with the MoS decision, Smith captained quite well and Yuvraj played brilliantly.
Another tough question, will he be in the playing eleven for the team? or Ganguly come back into the team after some good performances in domestic cricket?

I have full confidence in Greg Chappell and if he feels that a 'certain' player can be a disruptive and disturbing influence, so will I feel the same way! Anyways, I know of his record and his captaincy and his inspirational ways. Lets hope he gets welcomed into the team and shows that he can also contribute to the team's upcoming victories!

It feels so happy to see the team winning and happy! There cant be a better sight for an Indian cricket fan than to see his team winning!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Has anyone noticed how similar Hall and Tendulkar look? :confused: :eek:

I'll see if I can post pics...

I hate how who wins the toss wins the match. I believe someone here posted:
Why do they even bother to play? They could just have an international toss championship
Or somethin around those lines. I agree whole heartedly.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
saisrini80 said:
India and South Africa share the series 2-2. India win the fifth ODI by 5 wickets to level the series! Rahul Dravid is declared the Man of the match of the last ODI and the Man of the series is shared by Graeme Smith and YUVRAJ SINGH (YEYYYYYYY.......).

It was a fantastic win for India today at Mumbai! as m_vaughan (Siddarth) predicted, South Africa win in Kolkatta and India win and level in Mumbai!

Remember, It was a hard earned win for India no doubt because the dew wasnt that heavy and it was also acknowledged by Dravid! The South Africans kept it very tight and made India sweat! Also the wicket wasnt a spinners paradise for the Indians to strangulate the South Africans. The wicket had something for the seamers and even in the 94th over of the match, the South African bowlers were getting good almost chest height bounce! So this victory is doubly sweet for us. We havent lost a series yet and we have played some superb cricket for the past 11 matches (Chennai rained off irritatingly!).

FIND OF THE SERIES & The Player into the Superstar league: Yuvraj Singh

The most impressive player: Graeme Smith & Harbhajan Singh

The most exciting team: Again, a tough call. But I go for India just slightly because they have been the most entertaining always!

P.s: Who all watched Yuvraj being showered with drinks by his team mates when Shastri announced that he was the joint Man of the Series? A revival of the yesteryears when the team used to celebrate ecstatically like this and show their unity despite difference in opinions! The unity of the team was heart warming to see! All I hope is that a certain player (well the world knows who he is?!) does not act as a disruptive and disturbing influence in this otherwise bubbling and vibrant team!

NEXT ODI SERIES (for India): India vs Pakistan (in Pakistan!)

Warning to Pakistan: Here we come!
Most exciting player or rather players imo were Graeme Smith and Andre Nel. Smith I feel is the best captain in the world today. What he has done in just more than 2 years is amazing. Today I see this South African team as an exciting, young, talented, ambitious and a world beating side. Its great to watch players like Nel play with so much passion and flare.

India did very well to draw the series 2-2, but the visiting side I thought were 20 runs short in the end. Had they scored around 240-250 in their 1st innings, we would probably have had a different result in the end. But full credit to Harbhajan Singh and Irfan Pathan who put in a top class bowling performance today.

But now its time for the main event. The Proteas take on the mighty Australians. This is going to be an absolute cracker. I am very confident that this SA side led by Smith can beat the Aussies in their own home.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Somehow, I didnt like Nel. He puts up funny faces for almost every ball that he bowls! He is over aggressive! I feel he reacts to the cameras that zoom in often on him to get some interesting things going!

Today he bowled well but overall, he needs to be more mature and calm.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
All you SA fans don't worry the toss won't decide any matches in Aus. Its going to be skill vs skill and not heads vs tails!

Good win by India though, Pathan bowled really well today, very McGrath like. He has a really promising future. He should have been used as their number 3 permanently instead of being a floater.

prarara

International Cricketer
Did anyone else notice how close the series was overall? It seems like two giants have found equals amonst one another...

If you notice the scores:

Monday, 28 November 2005
One Day International Series
India: 224-5 ( 47.3 overs )
South Africa: 221-6 ( 50.0 overs )
India beat South Africa by 5 wickets
scorecard match report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 25 November 2005
India: 188 ( 45.5 overs )
South Africa: 189-0 ( 35.5 overs )
South Africa beat India by 10 wickets
scorecard match report

---------------------------------
Saturday, 19 November 2005
India: 171-4 ( 35.4 overs )
South Africa: 169-9 ( 50.0 overs )
India beat South Africa by 6 wickets
scorecard match report
------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 16 November 2005
India: 249-9 ( 50.0 overs )
South Africa: 252-5 ( 48.5 overs )
South Africa beat India by 5 wickets
scorecard match report

---------------------------

Two games were tight but two were landslide victories...makes one think.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A VB series between India, SA and Aus would be a dream series then. Top 3 in the world facing off.

Its hard to look into the results played this series though as all were decided with the toss. Of course both sides had to bowl well to take advantage which they did. Lets see how both teams go in their next challenges.

ashu2411

International Coach
prarara said:
Did anyone else notice how close the series was overall? It seems like two giants have found equals amonst one another...

If you notice the scores:

Monday, 28 November 2005
India: 224-5 ( 47.3 overs )
South Africa: 221-6 ( 50.0 overs )
India beat South Africa by 5 wickets
scorecard match report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 25 November 2005
India: 188 ( 45.5 overs )
South Africa: 189-0 ( 35.5 overs )
South Africa beat India by 10 wickets
scorecard match report

---------------------------------
Saturday, 19 November 2005
India: 171-4 ( 35.4 overs )
South Africa: 169-9 ( 50.0 overs )
India beat South Africa by 6 wickets
scorecard match report
------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 16 November 2005
India: 249-9 ( 50.0 overs )
South Africa: 252-5 ( 48.5 overs )
South Africa beat India by 5 wickets
scorecard match report

---------------------------

Two games were tight but two were landslide victories...makes one think.
the result was tight not series.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
aussie1st said:
A VB series between India, SA and Aus would be a dream series then. Top 3 in the world facing off.

Its hard to look into the results played this series though as all were decided with the toss. Of course both sides had to bowl well to take advantage which they did. Lets see how both teams go in their next challenges.

Definitely it would be one of the biggest 'hit' series in world cricket but this Indian side is still untested in conditions outside the sub continent. The chance that they got in Kolkatta and Hyderabad on a pitch assisting the bowlers, they failed. So I am not sure if they would really challenge South Africa and Australia in Australia! But they are improving and that I can say for sure! Now they should have some permanent measures for a few of their important strategies like having a set opening pair and a set middle order!

sohummisra said:
That was a good series. I would have been happier, though, had the Kolkata crowd behaved better.

Is that you in that avtar sohum?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think SAchin looked in ominous form today ! It was an important knock bcoz had India lost a wicket at that stage , SA would have been on top ! A great catch by Peterson !
Dravid , as solid as ever .
What will this result mean to th ICC ODI table

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
INDIA ARE NOW OFFICIALLY NO.4 IN THE RANKINGS AND ARE TIED AT 109 POINTS WITH SRI LANKA, ENGLAND AND NEW ZEALAND!

If England lose to Pakistan in the ODI series to follow, India's place is strengthened. I dont know what New Zealand have in store in the coming months regarding ODI's. India's next ODI assignments are the ODI series in Pakistan and the Asia Cup that follows immediately. Those two series will determine India's fate in the rankings..

Check out the updated ICC rankings table

ICC Rankings table

It emphatically says that India have moved ahead with this drawn series. India have moved up by 2 points from 107 to 109 and South Africa fall down by 2 points from 120 to 118

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
prarara said:
So winning with 15 overs was tight? Oh I see it was clearly so close...

Each game was a comprehensive win for the side winning the toss and batting second! The series result though was the tightest that it can get!

Users who are viewing this thread