Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like how Mohammad Amir didnt post a message for Hafeez on his retirement :lol

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A great year for Pakistan. Hopefully 2022 will be even better, with Australia, England and New Zealand touring, and we’ll bring home the T20 WC.

View attachment 262206
Ramiz talking up having a women's PSL too, not to mention the Raja Quadrangular (closed) Invitational.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan is riding high. Wonderful achievements. Pakistan You Beauty!!!
Post automatically merged:

Starting with a clip from when Pakistan got beat by England C :p

Yeah and ending on a high note by bagging most precious awards. Certainly if those awards have been won by your team then you won't be making a joke here. :) No offense but the truth

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
So, if Imran Khan doesn't hold onto the Prime Minister's post, there would be changes in the PCB as well, right?

I know for a fact that the Pakistani Prime Minister appoints the Head of PCB, in this case, Ramiz Raja. So, what happens in case there's no Imran? PCB loses all the good work put in by Raja Ji & he goes back to the commentary box?

P. S- it is a genuine concern. I am quite concerned that the political scenario will affect Pakistan cricket once more.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
So, if Imran Khan doesn't hold onto the Prime Minister's post, there would be changes in the PCB as well, right?

I know for a fact that the Pakistani Prime Minister appoints the Head of PCB, in this case, Ramiz Raja. So, what happens in case there's no Imran? PCB loses all the good work put in by Raja Ji & he goes back to the commentary box?

P. S- it is a genuine concern. I am quite concerned that the political scenario will affect Pakistan cricket once more.
Wasim Khan did a lot of the good work. Ramiz has come along and made plenty of big pronouncements of things that have yet to happen.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do feel like Ramiz is riding on the coattails of Wasim’s hardwork. He may actually be boosting his reputation by leaving at the right moment having brought the historic test series to Pakistani soil with more to follow (alongside a potential ICC tournament) and leaving a side in all three formats with a good spine and further room to grow before the inevitable downturn owing to the lack of stability yet again.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

If Imran Khan is gone, the new PM will likely be Shahbaz Sharif, whose party has 84 MPs, so he'll have to rely on unreliable coalition allies, who have around 90 MPs combined. Majority is 172, so even a small party can sink the majority. That government will only be formed for the most necessary reforms (budget, IMF aid, undoing Imran's voting reforms), and appointing a new Army chief, and then triggering early elections. I doubt they’ll have the time and/or ability to go as further as removing Rambo, but i could be wrong.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I seriously believe getting rid of Wasim Khan was the worst decision they have made
I do feel like Ramiz is riding on the coattails of Wasim’s hardwork. He may actually be boosting his reputation by leaving at the right moment having brought the historic test series to Pakistani soil with more to follow (alongside a potential ICC tournament) and leaving a side in all three formats with a good spine and further room to grow before the inevitable downturn owing to the lack of stability yet again.
I'm amazed I haven't heard his name mentioned once to fill one of the many roles in the ECB. He seemed to do good work at Leicestershire, was also in charge of the Chance to Shine initiative, before the Pakistan gig. Maybe he will replace Tom Harrison at the top when he saunters off with his bag of money.

Users who are viewing this thread