PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My lord! This is hilarious!

It's like making Sanjay Manjrekar BCCI chairman!!!

What on earth!! Coach sacked and what on earth is that team???
I'm afraid Imran Khan is out of touch with modern cricketing realities. He wanted an ex-cricketer as chairman at any cost, and discarded Ehsan Mani, who has done a fantastic job, and professionalised the PCB alongside Wasim Khan. He also insisted on a local coach and made the PCB sack Mickey Arthur.
Ramiz Raja is where he is purely because of connections. He is (at best) an average commentator, average administrator, and was an average cricketer.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm afraid Imran Khan is out of touch with modern cricketing realities. He wanted an ex-cricketer as chairman at any cost, and discarded Ehsan Mani, who has done a fantastic job, and professionalised the PCB alongside Wasim Khan. He also insisted on a local coach and made the PCB sack Mickey Arthur.
Ramiz Raja is where he is purely because of connections. He is (at best) an average commentator, average administrator, and was an average cricketer.

I agree on the cricketer part. I don't know about the administrator part but it looks like it'll be a hell of a ride but he is an atrocious commentator. Absolutely cow dung.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Chaos and confusion. When nobody gives them a chance, Pakistan usually does something unbelievable and outstanding and then boast about it for decades. Will not be surprised if they win the World T20 and then that will be used as an excuse/tool to cover up the structural failures that exist in their ecosystem.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Chaos and confusion. When nobody gives them a chance, Pakistan usually does something unbelievable and outstanding and then boast about it for decades. Will not be surprised if they win the World T20 and then that will be used as an excuse/tool to cover up the structural failures that exist in their ecosystem.
Nope, it's gonna be a dumpster fire, and Ramiz will say that it's the previous board/management's fault.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Matthew Hayden and Vernon Philander appointed as coaches for the WT20. Cricinfo reporting that Saqlain Mushtaq will be head coach.
Also, Ramiz announced an increase of PKR 100'000 in the monthly retainer of all domestic cricketers, and an U19 T20 league.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Matthew Hayden and Vernon Philander appointed as coaches for the WT20. Cricinfo reporting that Saqlain Mushtaq will be head coach.
Also, Ramiz announced an increase of PKR 100'000 in the monthly retainer of all domestic cricketers, and an U19 T20 league.
Pleasantly surprised by Ramiz Raja's press conference today. He did seem very clear in his approach and vision. Some of the points he made regarding restarting school Cricket, improving pitches, and incentivizing club Cricket were great to hear. Focusing on women's Cricket is a welcome move as well. The U19 T20 league sounds really optimistic because I doubt that it will receive enough eyeballs and commercial support. Nevertheless, it's a good idea.

The increase in monthly retainer for domestic players by $600 a month is an outstanding move. To be fair, I don't mind the appointment of inexperienced coaches as it's just for a month.

Hopefully, Ramiz walks the talk as well, because his press conference was wonderful.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And that is how he should be judged. The approach and vision is fine, but he has to deliver.
Yep, in the past, we have heard many of these excellent speeches but no action on the ground.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I agree on the cricketer part. I don't know about the administrator part but it looks like it'll be a hell of a ride but he is an atrocious commentator. Absolutely cow dung.

First impression as an administrator is very fitting to his commentary nick name. Rambo!

Great first impression and a far cry from his horrible commentary. At least he knows what he wants and it doesn't look like he will give a flying saucer about the press or anyone else.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan Cricket was down and out off-late except Babar Azam rise as an emerging top player, everything has been on a decline but for two years, it has been noticed that the PCB management wants to do something. The Domestic Structure has been overhauled which we still have to see the impact of, however, on the team's part, poor coaches selection and captaincy changed reversed everything that Mickey Arthur and Sarfraz built up with so much hard work. I was away from the forums because there was literally nothing much to contribute as far as our International performance was concerned except here and there. With Ramiz coming in as Chairman of the board and with his aggressive decisions and a clear visionary speech today, I am quite hopeful that Pakistan Cricket will go in the right direction. At the end of the day, it all goes towards the team's level. If your team is doing good consistently all that is matters but a consistent performance needs a lot more groundwork and meritocracy which the board lacked. I am hopeful that some positive things are going to happen with the Cricket Team.

Moreover, Somehow, with Ramiz's ability to communicate and handling media (since he has been the top commentator from Pakistan), His appointment has definitely added a "Wow" factor to Pakistan Cricket. The Cricketers are happy, the fans are hopeful, and there are a lot of expectations. So fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

PS: O Yeah, the appointment of Hayden and Philander as coaches in their respective roles is a great move. If Saqlain is the head coach at the moment then that's great as well because Saqlian has a lot of cricket literacy. Way to go PAKISTAN +1

Users who are viewing this thread