Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A great Series. I guess a draw was probably the best result. Watling seems to be a talented opener one that seems to have a good future waiting for him. McIntosh has yet to convince me he belongs here. Guptill and Flynn also need to justify their spots in the TEST matches. NZ bowling looks alot weaker without Bond.

The Pakistanis will be pleased that at least we have got a temporary opening pair in the Tests. The rest of the team for the third test should continue with the exception of Misbah. I would rather bring in Alam. Its a huge step for him, but considering that Misbah hasnt done well in the Tests against NZ and I dont think he has also played in the Australian conditions. Might as well give that spot to future player. The bowling looks alot better, but Gul needs to step his game again

Overall a very enjoyable series, one that had its twists and turns and kept the fans to the edge of their seats throughout the series. It was alot better then the India-Sri Lanka series were Indians were having everything going for them. Kudos to both the teams and lets hope for more competitve series between the two again!

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Great series and draw just about a fair result. I think that both teams are about even so it resulted in a very tight series which ebbed and flowed. I would love Pakistan to do well in Australia but the batting lineup is no way good enough and they will struggle to put up competitive totals.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
It was a good series, specially the 1st two matches, both were really good test matches...

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Thankfully, the series has drawn, Pakistan was going through a tough phase after Younas refuse to continue as captain. Both teams played well. Looking forward for the series in Austraillia. I have my doubts on Misbah and Shoaib Malik as both are non-performers, as far as Misbah goes he doesnt have any techinque to play in tracks like Newzeland and Austraillia.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank God rain save us from what was look like a great chase.Series was pretty awesome,we have seen some magical bowling from Asif and Bond and some excellent batting by young akmal and vettori.
We lost the first test from the mouth of victory.
For future,Pakistan really need to bat well,they have talent but I guess major cause of batting failure was no match fitness.
If Pakistan will play more and more test matches,they will get better with thier batting.Bowling was very awesome and this is the only weapon for Pakistan if they gonna win in Australia.
Good to see Waqar as a bowling and fielding coach but I think Younis must be punish now with his refusal for Aussie series.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Our side will look pretty solid, when we hopefully bring Ryder in for Flynn, and Bond in for O'Brien.

McIntosh
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Ryder
Vettori
McCullum
Tuffey
Bond
Southee
Martin

Our top three will still probably be a concern, but our strong middle order makes up for it.
We will have about seven bowling options as well, with Guptill and Ryder's part-timers.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
111203.4.jpg

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great Series and Nz probably edged ahead of Pakistan. If it were not for rain we would have lost the series. Muhammad Yousaf's captaincy left a lot to be desired. Seeing what Pak put up against a mediocre test team (no offence to NZ fans), we are most likely to be at wrong end of another clean sweep by the aussies :(. Selection of players like Mohammad Sami (bowler with worst record in test cricket history) is also going to make it a lot easier for australia. Our bowlers can not do the job of halting the Australians alone. We need a better hand from our batters and fielders. But I of all know its wishful thinking :doh
Good Luck to O'Brien. I hope he makes a wonderful author.

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
We are mediocre, but we're rebuilding and we should take a lot from the series. Pakistan are also mediocre mind you and are in a similar situation trying to find some new young players to fill the gaps.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We are mediocre, but we're rebuilding and we should take a lot from the series. Pakistan are also mediocre mind you and are in a similar situation trying to find some new young players to fill the gaps.

I never said Pakistan are the best. I will be the first to admit our batting and fielding is even below mediocre and makes our wonderful bowling look mediocre.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I'd rate Pakistan as a better team. They have two young stars emerging and all of their bowlers are in their 20's still. They also don't rely on just two to three batsman. I'm a big fan of New Zealand, but their batting is non existent when Vettori or Taylor don't score. Plus all their bowlers are old, and they haven't brought in any young bowlers to get some experience when they retire. Bond is 34, and so is Martin. O'Brien just left, and now that leaves a big gap in the bowling. Once Bond and Martin leave, which won't be to long away from now, who is left? Southee and that's about it. Pakistan are a much younger team, and they are better set for the future. They are actually rebuilding, and there is some progress, but I don't see too much progress from New Zealand. No one is raising their hand, and cementing their spot. Napier was a flat wicket, so Walting shouldn't be judged from it alone. He still has much to prove, but atleast they have some sort of opening pair now.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Pakistan needs a fielding coach, period. Inthikhab Alam is more of a father figure to the team, than a technical coach. If Pakistani fielders can back their bowlers, then the burden of batting can be carried somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread