Pakistan vs England in United Arab Emirates - October/November 2015

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan possessing enormous talent at the moment, Zafar Gohar arrived and performed, We have Yasir Shah, Imad Wasim are also on the lot. Similar case with the batting line-up.

I still have strong reservations on the bowling department. Wahab Riaz is not the front line bowler despite having a strong goodwill of his war with Watson at the WC. But that story has gone now. He needs to forget that. He needs to work hard on his bowling and he has to be used rightly. Just bowl on the right channels and work on your yorkers and death bowling instead of bouncers every time. That was Australia and this is UAE. Junaid Khan needs strong backing and right support as well he has been our front line bowler. Irfan is already there so talent is massive Masha'ALLAH

We just need right heads in the team management and we require a good captain. You have picked Azhar Ali okay go ahead with him, He will learn as time passed by just like Inzamam had learned gradually and he was a tremendous dependable captain in my opinion, but your team should support Azhar Ali fully otherwise results won't be unknown before matches.

"A good captain extracts excellent performance from a limited talent whereas a bad captain is highly capable to extract poor performance from an extraordinary talent" Quote Rehan

We have tonnes of examples..... And Pakistan is suffering from good leaders in captaining and coaching department I am afraid to say

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Just Bring Bell the next time you come to Australia , we no longer have Johnson but I can assure you Starc will welcome him with open arms ;)

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@bigred in mourning as Ian Bell finally dropped. @blockerdave buys champagne and says "not a moment too soon (actually at least 12 months too late)". @cooks1st100 dances a jig as Compton recalled.

Been at work all day so just got back to check cricket news, and immediately said "Boy, I bet my old planet-cricket chum Dave is happy!". The Wife doesn't understand why I said that out loud!

I'm more happy that Compton is back in. I'm a big fan and thought he was treated harshly when dropped. Not so happy about Ballance, but there really isn;t many better options, and hopefullly the time away from the squad has allowed him to work on his technique. It was the right time to drop Bell I think.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
"Yes we have been making mistakes so we have to overcome that. England is playing well and we did not play to our potential, that's why we lost but we have confidence that we can play well and win."
Azhar Ali believes his side have the ability to level the series. Source: Cricinfo

^ Like a timid heroine in a romantic film.... No Offence but you are certainly making mistakes in captaincy and in particularly failed miserably to form a winning combination due to your ill-logical changes against each team in each series since over a year....

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
"Yes we have been making mistakes so we have to overcome that. England is playing well and we did not play to our potential, that's why we lost but we have confidence that we can play well and win."
Azhar Ali believes his side have the ability to level the series. Source: Cricinfo

^ Like a timid heroine in a romantic film.... No Offence but you are certainly making mistakes in captaincy and in particularly failed miserably to form a winning combination due to your ill-logical changes against each team in each series since over a year....

He's not going to come out and say "We've been shit and the choices we've made as a selection committee have been awful and basically we stand a chance of losing the series badly" is he?! The pre-match comments are always the same, much like whenever a team loses the captain always says "Credit to *insert team name*", and "we didn't take our chances".

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
He's not going to come out and say "We've been shit and the choices we've made as a selection committee have been awful and basically we stand a chance of losing the series badly" is he?! The pre-match comments are always the same, much like whenever a team loses the captain always says "Credit to *insert team name*", and "we didn't take our chances".

I didn't find it a confident looking and composed statement as opposed to Morgan one.

Moreover,He said that we have made mistakes. I wished someone would ask him in an interview that can you really point out what mistakes you made in first two ODI's lets have his view. Have heard his many press conferences all are crammed general statements rather than something of solid. Its a no wonder for us trust me, It has been happened in the past many times in our team's cricketing history sad to say..

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Thankfully Shehzad is in now. Pakistan missing a bowling all-rounder here.. Where is Zafar gohar who performed so well in last match as debut and batted well too?? why not to play him in place of Rizwan and go with an attacking approach rather than having more batsmen than bowlers....

Regarding England, Where is Broad, Anderson and Finn? Anyone on their update?

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Great knock from Buttler. We were in danger of stalling when Roy and Root went quickly, but I think we've got plenty now.

PokerAce

Banned
I think England have really developed as an ODI side since their disappointing WC. They beat NZ and Aus, the two most impressive sides from the WC, and then have beaten Pakistan in Asia which I think previous English ODI sides would have struggled to do.

If England keep up the development, then they could be a real force in the CT and WC both of which are to be played in England

bigred

Club Captain
There's been a bit of negativity on this tour surrounding our spinners. They've been in for a lot of criticism and rightly so.

However, I have to say that I can't remember Moeen Ali having a bad ODI with the ball. He's a bit like Tredwell in that he just does his job. Rarely gets smacked and picks up key wickets. In SA, where we'll probably only pick one spinner + Root, I'd go for Ali over Rashid, who I think will go at 8 an over too often.

More generally, that's a great series win for England. The ODI side is really taking shape. The top 7 that played today could easily be our top 7 for the next 5/6 years. I'd prefer to see Taylor and Morgan swap places on the order and just promote Buttler if we have the platform like today, but that's a minor point.

Our bowling is less settled but they're starting to develop a group of people who can be picked. Willey, Topley, Finn, Woakes, Plunkett and Wood have all done well. The Currans, the Overtons, Mills and Gregory are waiting in the wings. Stuart Broad will probably also come in for big games and tournaments. We don't have a world class spinner, but with the next WC in England, that might not be a huge problem.

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There's been a bit of negativity on this tour surrounding our spinners. They've been in for a lot of criticism and rightly so.

However, I have to say that I can't remember Moeen Ali having a bad ODI with the ball. He's a bit like Tredwell in that he just does his job. Rarely gets smacked and picks up key wickets. In SA, where we'll probably only pick one spinner + Root, I'd go for Ali over Rashid, who I think will go at 8 an over too often.

More generally, that's a great series win for England. The ODI side is really taking shape. The top 7 that played today could easily be our top 7 for the next 5/6 years. I'd prefer to see Taylor and Morgan swap places on the order and just promote Buttler if we have the platform like today, but that's a minor point.

Our bowling is less settled but they're starting to develop a group of people who can be picked. Willey, Topley, Finn, Woakes, Plunkett and Wood have all done well. The Currans, the Overtons, Mills and Gregory are waiting in the wings. Stuart Broad will probably also come in for big games and tournaments. We don't have a world class spinner, but with the next WC in England, that might not be a huge problem.

Totally agree, Roy is coming of age, which helps a lot.

For up to the next CT we have a squad full of players that are tested in the international game, plus a few standouts from the county scene

Openers: Hales, Roy, Moeen
Batsmen: Taylor, Root, Morgan, Vince, Wessels(county stats are very good in white ball)
WK: Buttler, Bairstow, Billings, Davies
Allrounders: Willey, Woakes, Stokes, Rashid, Moeen
Bowlers: Broad, Finn, Wood, Topley

And the test team although looking fresh faced, i think is good, if we can survive sa, we will be well set, although id like to see Hildreth get a go, and i think in a few years Sam Hain from warwickshire, will be picked, ive watched him, and he is very good.

bigred

Club Captain
Totally agree, Roy is coming of age, which helps a lot.

For up to the next CT we have a squad full of players that are tested in the international game, plus a few standouts from the county scene

Openers: Hales, Roy, Moeen
Batsmen: Taylor, Root, Morgan, Vince, Wessels(county stats are very good in white ball)
WK: Buttler, Bairstow, Billings, Davies
Allrounders: Willey, Woakes, Stokes, Rashid, Moeen
Bowlers: Broad, Finn, Wood, Topley

And the test team although looking fresh faced, i think is good, if we can survive sa, we will be well set, although id like to see Hildreth get a go, and i think in a few years Sam Hain from warwickshire, will be picked, ive watched him, and he is very good.

Yes I think Hain will play international cricket. He and Jack Leaning seem to be the standout young batsmen in county game.

Steve Davies has hung up his gloves apparently. Wants to concentrate on his batting. Fair enough really as he had his best season in a while.

Is Rikki Wessels English qualified?

Users who are viewing this thread