Pakistan vs England in United Arab Emirates - October/November 2015

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This really is such an important series. For me, England have to prove just how good they are by winning abroad, just like they did with the brilliant KP in India.

For Pakistan, this is a chance to solidify their place as the best or second best test nation on the planet, with a run of wins which includes Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and draws against NZ. South Africa have a similarly impressive run, with that rather large Australian blip in the way.

What a crossroads series!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This really is such an important series. For me, England have to prove just how good they are by winning abroad, just like they did with the brilliant KP in India.

For Pakistan, this is a chance to solidify their place as the best or second best test nation on the planet, with a run of wins which includes Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and draws against NZ. South Africa have a similarly impressive run, with that rather large Australian blip in the way.

What a crossroads series!

Not sure how this series is chance for PAK to solidify themselves as second or best team on the planet. S Africa have always been the best test team in the world since 2007, Australia recent rise under Clarke before recent Ashes loss was the proteas biggest challenge of the last 8 years - but obviously they have fell back.

Plus NZ have been better than PAK in the last 18 months are clearly the 2nd best and most settled team behind S Africa.

Winning this series will just solidify the well known fact that PAK are hard to beat in UAE - they have not beaten any top nation away from home either in a long time.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Not sure how this series is chance for PAK to solidify themselves as second or best team on the planet. S Africa have always been the best test team in the world since 2007, Australia recent rise under Clarke before recent Ashes loss was the proteas biggest challenge of the last 8 years - but obviously they have fell back.

Plus NZ have been better than PAK in the last 18 months are clearly the 2nd best and most settled team behind S Africa.

Winning this series will just solidify the well known fact that PAK are hard to beat in UAE - they have not beaten any top nation away from home either in a long time.

Pakistan's only competition for the number 2 spot is NZ but beating England, so soon after beating the Aussies and being unbeaten for almost 2 seasons is damn impressive.

I wouldn't disagree with:

SA
NZ
PAK

However, Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and a strong, resurgent Bangladesh in Bangladesh. Let's not act like the subcontinent is the same place everywhere, it's different, especially Sri Lanka. The weather can be cooler, the air far more moist and the ball swings around a lot more. Pakistan beat a very good team in their den. Not to mention Pakistan pretty much play away from home anyway.

Regardless of that fact, in an era where almost all wins are at home and losses away, Pakistan has a very strong case. England can of course mount their own case after a great win here...alas we dream.

bigred

Club Captain
Think Bayliss will know the eleven he wants now.

Rashid bowled well, so he'll be in with Ali. I think Hales will have to score at least 70 tomorrow otherwise Ali is opening.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan's only competition for the number 2 spot is NZ but beating England, so soon after beating the Aussies and being unbeaten for almost 2 seasons is damn impressive.

I wouldn't disagree with:

SA
NZ
PAK

However, Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and a strong, resurgent Bangladesh in Bangladesh. Let's not act like the subcontinent is the same place everywhere, it's different, especially Sri Lanka. The weather can be cooler, the air far more moist and the ball swings around a lot more. Pakistan beat a very good team in their den. Not to mention Pakistan pretty much play away from home anyway.

Regardless of that fact, in an era where almost all wins are at home and losses away, Pakistan has a very strong case. England can of course mount their own case after a great win here...alas we dream.

Unbeaten for two seasons? Pakistan lost in SRI year August 2014 my friend. Australia lost in Ashes makes the dynamic in world test cricket S Africa # 1, NZ # 2 & everybody else is playing catch up.

Pakistan is just like England is showing their excellent at home and weak overseas.

UAE is very similar to Pakistan conditions its the best home away from home PAK could have. Yes of course conditions in UAE or PAK/IND/SRI although its the sub-continent has slight conditions differences - but its still Asia. PAK have yet to prove themselves outside of Asia.

Its a similar criticism levelled vs AUS under Clarke - very good at home or in conditions that similar to AUS (hence their win in S Africa 2014), but struggle in Asia (UAE lost to PAK) or seaming English conditions as we saw in Ashes.

There has been nothing resurgent about Bangladesh in test cricket recently - their recent success has been in ODI cricket.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I quite feel like that no one can snatch this series from Pakistan until or unless the team breaks its ankle itself with an axe like they often do competing against Top teams specially when you have a brainless management staff. I as a part of Pak nation is more concerned about the willingness of the team to win the series rather than worrying about the talent they possess. With Misbah already announcing his retirement despite not clear in his mind what's his final decision, quite a pre-mature statement. However, Pakistan has a solid test line-up so I don't expect much changes in the squad until someone really wants to hang himself lol. Fingers crossed.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Based on the brief performances in the UAE so far, this would be my England XI for the first Test.

Cook
Ali
Bell
Taylor
Root
Bairstow
Rashid
Wood
Broad
Anderson
Finn

For me Bairstow gets in ahead of Buttler who's not having a great time with the bat and I would drop Stokes as Rashid provides enough with the bat and I'd rather see both Finn and Wood in there as I feel they give us a far better chance of taking wickets than Stokes does. Both Finn and Wood bowled very well in the warm ups and I feel they can cause Pakistan a bit of bother.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shock for Pakistan

1st Azhar Ali was ruled out due to foot infection from the 1st test.
and Today in the nets Yasir Shah was practicing and got back spasm injury.A final decision will be taken tomorrow morning. :noway

Shock for England

Steven Finn ruled out of first Test with stress injury to left foot.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Think Yasir Shah being ruled out would be the biggest shock. Finn missing is no complete disaster when he was still really competing with Wood for a place.

bigred

Club Captain
I reckon that the Finn or Wood selection was about 50/50 anyway. I know Finn bowled well in the warm up but I think they fancy Wood for these surfaces. He's slippery and might get it reversing.

If Shah is out it's a massive bonus for England. If he plays, I can see it being a disaster tour.

Cook has got to have the series of his life. Pitches in Asia have always suited his technique and he can bat in hot conditions for long periods of time. If he scores big then England have a chance.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Younis Khan Surpassed the Great Javed Miandad to become the Leading Run-Scorer for Pakistan in Test Cricket.
Congratulations to Younis Khan fir his Milestone :clap:clap:clap

bigred

Club Captain
Ian Bell is so hot and cold in the slips. I know Bayliss said he's the best catcher in the England team, and he does go through spells where he catches them all, but there a too many bad days where a couple go down in a row. So costly in Asia.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
As humble as you like, Younis said that despite breaking record he can't reach the height of Miandad. Just heard the news that He is eyeing for 10,000 runs now in Test Cricket. Let's hope PCB honors his objective. Bravo performance by Pakistan batting line-up so far specially Shoaib Malik. Will to do better always produce results and that's what Malik doing at the moment

UK768

Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A really really well deserved double ton for Shoaib Malik. Shan Masood is the only one who couldn't perform well enough, so I think Azhar Ali will replace him in the next Test.

Users who are viewing this thread