Pakistan vs New zealand : 2 Test & 3 ODI: Dec 26, 2022 - Jan 13, 2023 at Karachi

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The last person you'd expect to throw his wicket away repeating is Abdullah Shafique. He’s got such a solid temperament, what kind of guidance is he getting to play this way?

The Boom Boom guidance.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also what is Pakistan's strength? Fast bowlers isn't it? Is it so hard to prepare a green deck jn Pakistan or is just the mentality of preparing a old School subcontinental pitch which turns on 4th and 5th day and a bit of reverse swing which has not worked in the hosts favor in the last year or so.

I don’t think Pakistan’s strength is their pace bowling in tests. I’m gonna go ahead and make a bold claim without looking at the numbers or delving further for the moment that for years it has never been the case. I’d even argue that it hasn’t been so for a decade and that Pakistan’s pace bowling in tests gets slightly overrated due to their white ball exploits. Their strength to me was their numbers three to five batters for years. Azhar Ali, Shafiq, Misbah, Younis, Babar, Haris and Fawad have all played in these roles and the new guy Shakeel isn’t a shabby prospect either. That is a lot of talent to have filled these spots even if a few of them declined badly/didn’t work out in the end. Their other strength was finding a bowler or two who would be on a red hot streak for a couple of years to rely on at the least before fading away.

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
I don’t think Pakistan’s strength is their pace bowling in tests. I’m gonna go ahead and make a bold claim without looking at the numbers or delving further for the moment that for years it has never been the case. I’d even argue that it hasn’t been so for a decade and that Pakistan’s pace bowling in tests gets slightly overrated due to their white ball exploits. Their strength to me was their numbers three to five batters for years. Azhar Ali, Shafiq, Misbah, Younis, Babar, Haris and Fawad have all played in these roles and the new guy Shakeel isn’t a shabby prospect either. That is a lot of talent to have filled these spots even if a few of them declined badly/didn’t work out in the end. Their other strength was finding a bowler or two who would be on a red hot streak for a couple of years to rely on at the least before fading away.
Masood Perished as well

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You are right that the middle order has been the biggest strength in the 2000s, with Younis, Yousuf and Inzamam first, then guys like Azhar, Misbah and Shafiq coming in post-2010. But i think with this new generation of quicks, Shaheen, Naseem, Wasim Jr etc., in a couple years the pace bowling could be our biggest strength in Tests.

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
When last time Henry hits 50
He also took 7 wkts

(Matt Henry's 7 for 23 skilled out South africa for 95, their lowest vs NZ )

He starts here with Abdula Shafique important wicket.
Asad Shafiq was pakistan's best player over the year he was only #6 player with 9 test crntury i have no idea how he & Haris sohail Dis appear so Quickly

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Asad Shafiq was pakistan's best player over the year he was only #6 player with 9 test crntury i have no idea how he & Haris sohail Dis appear so Quickly
Both him and Haris had prolonged spells out of form, before being dropped.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Asad was Pakistan's version of Rahane. Incredibly gifted but seldom consistent. Incidentally, like Rahane, he was given umpteen chances to realize his talent before eventually being sidelined.

I don't see him making a return unless he sets QeA tournament on fire.

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
Saud Shakeel batted 39 ball on Zero not out. He is lucky as Blundell gave him Life

Mansur Ali khan P. Indian captain batted 105 ball vs eng in india on 0* to draw test.

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
I bet pakistan bounce back by the end of 2023 'cause they played too much cricket, they need rest. Next 11 mos only 2 test schedule FTP.

Users who are viewing this thread