Status
Not open for further replies.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes it is May considering you support City I thought it would be a blessing! Could be playing each other next season???

No news is good news! Means more time to prefect everything Patch 4 that is not City.

Sadly your first comment could be a reality soon and perfecting City would only take a few billion pounds!

Anyway back on topic : "are we there yet" and "when is that charlatan Ross giving me a refund" etc etc

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i think they have a minor effect, but it's maybe inconsistent. but it's very difficult: if i'm bowling to a defensive player but it's an absolute road and i'm serving up dross should they smash me round the park? if it's grassy and cloudy and hooping like a banana should the attacking player rein themselves in?

i think the AI could have been designed better from the ground up, but i say this after the fact based on the outcome and the minor peeks behind the curtain we've got in the beta, rather than as some AI guru... as I say we are where we are. within the constraints we have i believe there is still an excellent game underneath that we are getting closer and closer to.

Yes sometimes I can see it, sometimes I can't. I think the difference between a brute and a conservative player should be fairly obvious though (think Afridi and Cook).

Your point is correct though, how a guy should play on a given day is a question without a correct answer.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I either see the patch been out today becauce a lot of update come out on Wednesday or Thursday or the 31 I hope it comes out soon becauce that see me through to afl evo

D

Deleted member 46200

Yes sometimes I can see it, sometimes I can't. I think the difference between a brute and a conservative player should be fairly obvious though (think Afridi and Cook).

Your point is correct though, how a guy should play on a given day is a question without a correct answer.
But they should also be able to change with match circumstances. I mean if I (not a good example with the bat) need twenty of the last over I'm going to try and tug it big time. Not just block out thus increasing the chances of catches and play and miss.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But they should also be able to change with match circumstances. I mean if I (not a good example with the bat) need twenty of the last over I'm going to try and tug it big time. Not just block out thus increasing the chances of catches and play and miss.

Agreed, but it needs to have a balance. It needs to have more of an effect, so if you are starting a test match you should expect to see a David Warner 60 (80) and a Cook 60 (120). If 7 an over is needed you should see Stokes or Buttler trying to go aerial while a du Plessis knocks around for 1s and 2s.

D

Deleted member 46200

Agreed, but it needs to have a balance. It needs to have more of an effect, so if you are starting a test match you should expect to see a David Warner 60 (80) and a Cook 60 (120). If 7 an over is needed you should see Stokes or Buttler trying to go aerial while a du Plessis knocks around for 1s and 2s.
Ah yeah I was meaning one day game but yes Tests need to have a flow, One day games need to be relatively the same and don't bother with T20.

Also when bowling and you have it proper on fleek I would like to see some more 'accidental' shots, play and miss as well LB. I feel we should be able to have the batsman 'pinned'

Last edited by a moderator:

grkrama

National Board President

I guess more than runrate it would be shots that differentiate them, a afridi even when he plays slowly in a troubling condition defending and leaving most scoring shots will always be those ploughs.
were as cooks will be mostly through plods even in good batting conditions, this is the first layer of difference between them, sr vs conditions will be the second layer.

Stil

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
I wonder if we'll have greater control over shot selection after this patch. My problem was that I would aim to place the ball between fielders, but my bat dudes would always hit it right to one of them.

ABHIII

Club Captain
Like movies there's an incredibly large cutting room floor - not all things work out as you'd like - there's a lot been done that just never sees the light of day.

The daily "are we there yet" since the middle of the month is the very reason we are loathe to give dates in advance of the work actually being completed. As to what is in or out of the patch, there will be an announcement soon.

Ever heard of director's cut? Looks like a case of 'ffs people, here have a patch'

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Ever heard of director's cut? Looks like a case of 'ffs people, here have a patch'

Huh? So you've taken a post from the developers where he has made specific reference to the amount of work they're putting into the patch, and have beta testers corroborating this. Yet, you somehow twist it to be a negative.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Huh? So you've taken a post from the developers where he has made specific reference to the amount of work they're putting into the patch, and have beta testers corroborating this. Yet, you somehow twist it to be a negative.
A Troll's work is never done ;)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think think its even trolling. I think it's just somehow who is frustrated with the state of the game and doesn't know how to go about communicating this in an effective or worthwhile way.

There is acknowledgment of the patch being worked on, and reference to an upcoming announcement regarding patch contents. What's the issue? Wouldn't 'ffs people, here have a patch' be the exact opposite of what they're doing?

ABHIII

Club Captain

I was pretty sure defense team would be there. Anyway don't label me to be negative. This Patch should have released in about 60 days time since launched. I would surely praise it if it's good enough. You are just trying to shield the reality. Amount of work put etc etc, O jeez.. everyone works mate. Hard work for the 50$ paid too mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread