PC demo released

Finally downloaded. Extracting it took awhile and now the Install Wizard seems to be stuck. And my computer is no slug.

Supposidly its going to take 1 hour to download:( hope it works, I have windows vista so i doubt it will:help

Ok just installed, took about 1-2 minutes, will post a few quick screenies of the game at 1920x1200 24xaa 16xaf.

Ok sweet the game is running, installing fraps now. If you guys want me to look for anything, ask away and I will see if I can find/answer them.

Having played the pc demo for a bit i'm considering cancelling my pre-order and opting for the ps3 version instead.

My reasons are as follows:
1. As mentioned by others the frame rate is quite jerky even though my laptop is very good and quite new running games such as far cry 2 smoothly, but struggling a little bit with this
2. The Controls. I plugged in my logitech dual action which was recognised but the controls layout is ridiculous (left trigger is pause!?!)

Hopefully we will be able to edit controller layouts in the full version but at the momment i'm struggling to get into this game as the controls are impossible.

Yeah the thing is if i live in the UK with like uncapped super fast downloads i wouldnt give a damn, but here in SA I have like a 2gig cap for my broadband and i go at like 30kb/s. So if it doesnt work then its a serious waste! Oh well, only a while left before the end of the month so shouldnt be a biggie.

My specs are OK, not great tho, Core 2 Duo 2ghz, 2gig Ram and then that card i mentioned. Crossing my fingers!! Started the download Im at 2% meh lol still 7 hours left...

Haha, can I drive over and burn a CD? I've been at 0%, downloading at 4.6KB/s!.. Does anyone in SA have a decent connection? I pay 700 rand a month for mine!

I'd film a bit, but I only have the 30 second trial of Fraps. :p I'm maxing it out fine, but I'm not set on the greyish tinge of the game, it looks dull tbh, not enough viberance.

Haha, can I drive over and burn a CD? I've been at 0%, downloading at 4.6KB/s!.. Does anyone in SA have a decent connection? I pay 700 rand a month for mine!

WOAH! no way man whos your ISP? Im at polka, pretty good actually (considering how crap slow everything is here) I only get 2gb but pay about R200pm. How much cap do you get for R700? And why is you connection so slow?

Users who are viewing this thread