Cricket Academy: PC Performance Indicators

D

Deleted member 9102

1440p is very noticeable on certain games and not so on others. I can't turn back to 1080p after playing a game at 1440p. Also you don't need as much AA on 1440p.

The only time you will get a massive difference is screens over 30+ inch.

My screen was only $380 yet it is sublime.

AMD are definitely aiming solely towards gaming from now on so there products will only get better. I was an Nvidia fan until I got the 290x. Combined with water cooling, it is incredible. 60+ solid fps with BF4 on max settings. INSANE!
Sounds great, 1080p will be fine for me for a few years (21.5 inch screen) but any and all advancements are great for PC gaming, hopefully 1440p becomes the standard before too long!

Yeah one of my housemates also built a PC at the same time as me and got the 280x, and without any overclocking that eats BF4 for breakfast on Ultra with it only dipping to around 50fps when there's insane amounts of explosions/smoke/destruction on screen, and the patch with Mantle support is meant to be coming soon which will probably bring even better performance!

I've been out of the PC gaming loop since 2006/7 really (had Nvidia GeForce 6600 and 7500LE in my PCs back then :p) but I did plenty of research and you can't really go wrong with either AMD or Nvidia these days, it was a very close-run thing, it was only a substantial price drop of the 780 and inability to resist the temptation that swayed me from getting the 280x.

Users who are viewing this thread