PC version 1.15.x discussion/bug reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh really? Yeah I'm hoping BA can put in a sort of global change rather than having to individually adjust every players' stats. I started using BlockerDave's thread and downloaded/edited all my players and batting lineups (shield/Matador cup/international/etc) then suddenly...4 hours had gone!! lol. Funny enough though...I quite enjoyed it. But I do realise, if thats just to edit batting lineups (and find/download new players, etc)...man, having to edit individual player attributes would take forever (by the time I'm done DB16 will probably be out! lol).

steve121157

Banned
Playing a Test match on veteran level after updating to Version 1.15.12
Six one handed catches from Joe Root fielding at silly mid on.
I'm not complaining obviously, but does it seem a little excessive? Has anyone had this many catches by one player?

root catches.jpg

The_Pharoah

International Coach
yeah that sounds like theres some sort of balancing thing that needs to be done. Having said that you do get a few catches at silly mid on from good fast bowling.

also I see you've dropped Rogers. :)

steve121157

Banned
Started a new England v Australia Test match on veteran level. Version 1.15.12
Just had my first ever crash to desktop immediately after 'a big shout for LBW' when batting as England.
I also seemed to be scoring more freely than usual (I normally only play on pro level) scoring at about 7.12 for nine overs before the crash.

Last edited:

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@HBK619 In case there are no more Crash reporting since yesterdays update (Version 1.15.12), can we expect the latest patch to be released for all by Today? We are playing an Online Tournament with old version, so cant constantly move back and forth between 2 versions...If possible release the latest patch to all..

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
@HBK619 In case there are no more Crash reporting since yesterdays update (Version 1.15.12), can we expect the latest patch to be released for all by Today? We are playing an Online Tournament with old version, so cant constantly move back and forth between 2 versions...If possible release the latest patch to all..
We would still like some more feedback with regards to the stability of the latest build. We have just put up a new version to the public beta branch that we believe is stable enough for online play.

We suggest that you continue on from here, if all goes well, tomorrow will have the build released to all.

With that said, a new build is now live on the Public Beta Branch.

Version 1.20.0.

Update notes are as follows:
  • Resolve one field being chosen by AI in rare circumstances.
  • Remove Leave Ball from R3.
  • Update Control Layout screens with new controls.
Follow these steps to opt into the 'DBC14 Public Beta' version.

1. Open Steam Client.
2. Go to Library.
3. Right Click on Don Bradman Cricket 14.
4. Click on Properties.
5. Click on Betas tab.
6. In box marked "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:" enter code dbc14publicbeta.
7. Once code has been accepted, select the dropdown box underneath "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" and select "dbc14publicbeta - BETA VERSION".
8. Wait for game to update, when the game has updated correctly it will state "Don Bradman Cricket 14 [dbc14publicbeta]".
9. Click "Play".
10. To opt out of beta, follow steps 1-5, then select dropdown box and the option of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Version 1.20.0.

Update notes are as follows:
  • Resolve one field being chosen by AI in rare circumstances. [\QUOTE]
Can you expand on this? do you mean the issue where the AI only picks the same fields over and again?

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Can you expand on this? do you mean the issue where the AI only picks the same fields over and again
There was a bug where the AI was choosing and only using one field no matter where the shots were going.
Pressing R3 won't make your batsman leave the ball. We changed this after receiving feedback from people that they were inadvertently pressing R3 while trying to play a shot.
And just to make sure people don't think we removed it entirely. Leave is still on the A button.

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just played a brief 10 overs of a casual test match. but im afraid the issue with AI picking a single field still persist. but its only in tests. In ODIs the field changed after 3 balls of hitting lofted shots on to the same area.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think leave on A means you can only leave premeditated.

Leave should be both sticks straight down; can play that on the hoof, doesn't interfere with any other controls, shouldn't play it by accident to any ball likely to hit stumps

grkrama

National Board President
^easy to play a late cut though by mistake when pulling both sticks down . its fine i would say, for myself i have reconfigured it to LB and LB to A. sort of works for me as i premeditate sweeps mostly.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
^easy to play a late cut though by mistake when pulling both sticks down . its fine i would say, for myself i have reconfigured it to LB and LB to A. sort of works for me as i premeditate sweeps mostly.

Playing the wrong shot is user fault, pressing too hard (as now) is design fault.

Having to premeditate sweep, as you say not much of an issue. Premeditate leave, a big issue

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I think leave on A means you can only leave premeditated.

Leave should be both sticks straight down; can play that on the hoof, doesn't interfere with any other controls, shouldn't play it by accident to any ball likely to hit stumps

Could you just classify a defensive shot where the stick is pressed up as a leave? It's something that otherwise would never be done I think? (As no-one would try to block towards their stumps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread