MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Anything I can do to give you more info to look into it? It's frustrating.
So when you say regularly - does that mean that some times it will work perfectly fine with no changes? (ie the game not going into safe mode)

It would be particularly interesting if the exact same match, with the same mods installed, would work fine on some occasions and not others.

The next time it happens, press Ctrl+Alt+Del instead and go to the Task Manager, highlight cricket14.exe and take a screenshot. If you're on Windows 7, the info isn't as useful as it is on 8/10, so click the 'processes' tab first, and on 8/10 you might need to hit the 'More Details' button to get more useful info. Basically I'm interested if there's disk/CPU activity while it is cycling the weather, and how much memory it is using at that time.

The pre-emptive suggestion if my stab in the dark is right, would be to try and close as many background applications before attempting to run the game, and seeing if you load in with less frequent problems.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So when you say regularly - does that mean that some times it will work perfectly fine with no changes? (ie the game not going into safe mode)

It would be particularly interesting if the exact same match, with the same mods installed, would work fine on some occasions and not others.

In a nutshell, that's exactly it. For instance I am currently playing a T20 league with the ATB teams, so I went to start the 2nd game and got the problem. Alt-F4, back into DBC (when you Alt-F4 from this problem, it never offers safe mode, but loads mods anyway), back into the competition and started the same game, it worked properly.

The next time it happens, press Ctrl+Alt+Del instead and go to the Task Manager, highlight cricket14.exe and take a screenshot. If you're on Windows 7, the info isn't as useful as it is on 8/10, so click the 'processes' tab first, and on 8/10 you might need to hit the 'More Details' button to get more useful info. Basically I'm interested if there's disk/CPU activity while it is cycling the weather, and how much memory it is using at that time.

The pre-emptive suggestion if my stab in the dark is right, would be to try and close as many background applications before attempting to run the game, and seeing if you load in with less frequent problems.

Will do so. I play on a Mac, so generally the bootcamp helpers, steam and DBC are all that i have running. it's an 8Gb 2014 Mac Air, and the bootcamp partition is Windows 10. I had the same problem when running 8.1 too, though it may be slightly more frequent in 10. Other than this issue (which only began to occur in one of the later 1.x updates - 17 or so i think) the game runs like a dream.

tomas05

School Cricketer
Your save games (including career) sit in your Documents library/folder - in the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 directory. So just make a copy of that and you can safely install/reinstall.

Though instead of that, the first thing to try would be to right click the game in Steam, go to Properties, and click the Local Files tab, and then click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button. This will check your install and then replace any missing/broken files.

It could also be a driver related issue - you can try uninstalling the driver software for your controller by using the Device Manager in Control Panel. Right click on your controller in the list of devices, select Uninstall and tick the box for deleting the driver), unplugging it, restarting and then plugging it back in will reinstall the drivers. The exact steps might depend on the specific controller you use and which version of Windows you are on.

Gotta get this guy a coconut - the driver installation appears to be the exact issue as an uninstall has bought the game back! I am delighted! So happy I finally got a few good scores together too! Thank you community.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...a rare case of [HASHTAG]#DontBlameMatt[/HASHTAG]

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

gave this a shot last night, running task manager before going in: other than bootcamp and windows processes, the only thing running was some adobe creative cloud processes from my photoshop trial. i killed those processes, and the issue didn't occur once in several games. oddly, killing the processes had a negligible impact on my processer/memory usage, so it may be that they just conflict in some way.

anyhoo, the trial is long expired so i'll uninstall all of that and hopefully that should be dandy. cheers

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This might be a known bug, or me doing something stupid, so apologies if I'm going over old ground. Whenever I start a tournament, the custom names of the stadiums don't carry over into the actual matches, instead reverting to their generic default for that particular stadium model - so in the fixture list it'll say e.g. Nevil Road, but then when you actually play the match, "today's match will be played at SUSSEX OVAL", and the in-game screen captions do the same (GLOUCESTERSHIRE v SUSSEX, LIVE FROM - SUSSEX OVAL - really kills suspension of disbelief a bit!) Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You have to use the left stadium/right stadium options.

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You have to use the left stadium/right stadium options.

As blockerdave said, I'm not having problems with how to select the stadium for the match - I mean, the actual name of the stadium reverts to that stadium model's default if you're in any kind of competition. If I go into the Academy and set it up so e.g. England play at Lord's, in a competition or career it'll still be called "SUSSEX OVAL" regardless.

Westindies

Club Captain
if we want to take new ball after 80 overs in a test match we need to press RT, if i dont want to choose it but if i am seeing replays in fast fwd mode i need to press RT and thereby i am accidentally taking the new ball. can we add this to existing bug list...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
if we want to take new ball after 80 overs in a test match we need to press RT, if i dont want to choose it but if i am seeing replays in fast fwd mode i need to press RT and thereby i am accidentally taking the new ball. can we add this to existing bug list...

Why are you still refusing to report bugs in the correct way?

Mode:
Match Type:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams:
Get Best:
Description of Issue:

It's been this way for over a year.

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
game always crashing when override ground in tour desinger,please help

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
when playing tour game t20 2 times i scored above 200 but 2nd half of the game not running both time,only showing groung display,low scoring game working fine why this happening ?Mattw...

Users who are viewing this thread