India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A 334 MB update?

tomas05

School Cricketer
@tomas05 ; welcome buddy! :)

We are all willing to help you after you do one little screen capture and post it here! Just open ur game; go to credits and check lower right corner of the screen where you'll find the game version number. Paste the screenshot here and help will come for you! :)

Cheers sir, Sure thing! Ross is looking good ey. Hope you guys can help!

upload_2015-9-12_8-51-39.png

karanhdass

Club Cricketer
Anyone notice performance hits? Mine used to run smooth pre-update, post there is a some stuttering. Not a lot, but still noticeable.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Okay Mr. @tomas05
Those issues you're having have nothing to do with this update. :)
The First controller issue might be because of "vibration". Try switching it off and check! :) or may be you can try connecting your controller to another USB port. Also check the power setting of your Rig. Make sure your power connection is "Stable" enough.

Secondly; to stop "Safe mode". Simply exit the game (not Alt+f4) and run it again. Game crashes happen sometimes but now it's no more a bug. Something to do with the Rig may be! :)

tomas05

School Cricketer
Okay Mr. @tomas05
Those issues you're having have nothing to do with this update. :)
The First controller issue might be because of "vibration". Try switching it off and check! :) or may be you can try connecting your controller to another USB port. Also check the power setting of your Rig. Make sure your power connection is "Stable" enough.

Secondly; to stop "Safe mode". Simply exit the game (not Alt+f4) and run it again. Game crashes happen sometimes but now it's no more a bug. Something to do with the Rig may be! :)

I'll give it a check. I tried a few USB ports, restarts, and nothing changed.

However, this morning I tried putting Steam on my laptop to see if it runs - and suddenly it works fine (same controller). It must therefore be either the vibration or power settings you mention, but its just so strange that it only happens immediately after I hit the ball. (Not at any other times at all). Defense, attack, anything. If I miss the ball, there is no cut out.

I would re-install but I am worried about losing my career (not that I am very good ;-))

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would re-install but I am worried about losing my career (not that I am very good ;-))
Your save games (including career) sit in your Documents library/folder - in the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14 directory. So just make a copy of that and you can safely install/reinstall.

Though instead of that, the first thing to try would be to right click the game in Steam, go to Properties, and click the Local Files tab, and then click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button. This will check your install and then replace any missing/broken files.

It could also be a driver related issue - you can try uninstalling the driver software for your controller by using the Device Manager in Control Panel. Right click on your controller in the list of devices, select Uninstall and tick the box for deleting the driver), unplugging it, restarting and then plugging it back in will reinstall the drivers. The exact steps might depend on the specific controller you use and which version of Windows you are on.

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
so now i can play on my laptop as well as my pc using steam cloud saves?????

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
so now i can play on my laptop as well as my pc using steam cloud saves?????
Well you would always have been able to play on both, as the game ownership is tied to your steam account being logged in, not your PC. But yes, when you launch the game it will sync changes to your saves with those stored in the cloud - so you could play on both machines with a common save file without any additional effort.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
will this sync up save option sync up my career leadership board & XP points as well? I started this game since release in my laptop & migrated to desktop with same steam user ID couple of months ago & from that time - It put my XP points starting from zero and career leadership board points stopped posting my scores i.e., it just stayed in same place from where I left in my laptop.

If I upgrade this game in both laptop and desktop, will that solve my above concern? Or its just a matter of reflecting the saved games alone in both the places? Just curious to know how that works and I have no problem if they(XP and points) don't get synced up.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
will this sync up save option sync up my career leadership board & XP points as well? I started this game since release in my laptop & migrated to desktop with same steam user ID couple of months ago & from that time - It put my XP points starting from zero and career leadership board points stopped posting my scores i.e., it just stayed in same place from where I left in my laptop.
The XP info is stored in your profile save - something that would be synced with the cloud saves. I can't answer for sure on the leaderboards though, it should but I can't guarentee it.

Roshan Iyer

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
2015-09-14_00046.jpg hi guys im facing a new problem.in academy when i went to tour desinger and then i pressed y for override ground option miracle happen game crashed please check if anybode is facing this problem.because of this problem i cant choose any particular grounds for tours.:noway:mad

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
hi guys im facing a new problem.in academy when i went to tour desinger and then i pressed y for override ground option miracle happen game crashed please check if anybode is facing this problem.because of this problem i cant choose any particular grounds for tours.
We've been able to reproduce this, so hopefully we can get that one sorted soon.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@MattW I'm still regularly getting the game launch failing at the weather/line up screen - it keeps cycling and the press A to continue never comes up. Alt-F4 and re enter the only solution.

Happens in all game modes, new and resume. Been like this for several versions.

Anything I can do to give you more info to look into it? It's frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread