PCPL - Discussion Thread (All Owners READ!!)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's his birthday today so give him a break. If it's not up by tomorrow however...

I suppose he can have today off...

I just wouldn't like to see what happens to him tomorrow if he's not ready to go...:spy:spy:spy:spy:spy

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Rhys is probably out getting drunk, so I think it's best if he doesn't do the draft today anyways :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Good job Rhys. :) However a couple of points here, hope you won't mind - :)

1. HH have 11 players in their squad (Not including ints). VV have 8. HH are in a group which says they require 5 players for the team. That makes the maximum squad size 16. So then shouldn't we also get 8 picks rather than the 6 we're getting?

2. As I said in the other thread, Beijing having 4 picks at once makes sure they pick the best out of best. Wouldn't have giving them 4 more frequent different picks have done it?(I think that there must be a reason why you didn't do this, so I'm not exactly questioning your decision, I'm just wanting to know that reason. :))

3. Lastly, as was discussed before, would there be a kind of ruling that players wanting to go to one team absolutely could be transferred for a reasonable deal, and not be forcefully played?

That's all really,
Thank you.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
1) Internationals are included in the squad lists, with a maximum of 18 players in a squad - however, I did thoroughly look through the team squads to try and ensure I had the right number of players for each team. HH get 5 picks because they have 13 in their squad (only 2 internationals), VV get 6 picks because we have 12 in our squad (4 intls). Hope that clears that point up!

2) I understand where you're coming from on the issue of the draft order, however, I initially came up with this order because I wanted squad sizes to be even before teams got a pick. After their initial 4, BB are normally around the bottom of the order, however, if teams wished for a reversing draft order where teams drop out when they have reached max. squad size then I'd be prepared to do that (when I get home tonight! or at lunchtime, maybe)

3) Of course players may be traded and not forcefully played. There will be a trade window following the closure of the member draft.

Thanks for your input Kshitiz, I hadn't really scrutinised the draft order, it's not the simplest thing to do to ensure as much fairness as possible!! Sorry.

Rhys :)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
HH should have 12 players as I am no more at HH.. Can some one tell in which club am I?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
1) Internationals are included in the squad lists, with a maximum of 18 players in a squad - however, I did thoroughly look through the team squads to try and ensure I had the right number of players for each team. HH get 5 picks because they have 13 in their squad (only 2 internationals), VV get 6 picks because we have 12 in our squad (4 intls). Hope that clears that point up!

2) I understand where you're coming from on the issue of the draft order, however, I initially came up with this order because I wanted squad sizes to be even before teams got a pick. After their initial 4, BB are normally around the bottom of the order, however, if teams wished for a reversing draft order where teams drop out when they have reached max. squad size then I'd be prepared to do that (when I get home tonight! or at lunchtime, maybe)

3) Of course players may be traded and not forcefully played. There will be a trade window following the closure of the member draft.

Thanks for your input Kshitiz, I hadn't really scrutinised the draft order, it's not the simplest thing to do to ensure as much fairness as possible!! Sorry.

Rhys :)
1) - Cheers. :) But btw, weren't the 2 internationals result of a punishment? Well that punishment is now actually giving them benefit this way!

2) - I get it. However I'm not sure as to which option will be best, maybe we can hear other people's input on this? :)

3) - Thanks. :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I don't see how it'll benefit us, internationals are better than regular members.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It has been proven that the PCPL is just a little bit too much for the best of us.

Myself, Colin and Rhys try out best to keep things ticking over here at the PCPL. But with Rhys having school, Me at Uni, and Colin working its difficult at times.

We've decided, against our financial advisor's best wishes to employ. I've had to move vast amounts of money round to be able to do this, as the economic climate isn't the best for paying people.

Anyways, Lee has accepted my pleas to help me out. Lee (Skater) has the role of match-day organiser. He'll make sure you have proper match threads, with proper graphics, at the proper time. As not to inconvenience any member, especially with the new incentive of posts = skill.

He's basically here because we cannot reliably handle the PCPL on our own :)

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
He's actually here because he blackmailed simon with some photographs but that's by-the-by.
Welcome skater.

Users who are viewing this thread