FOOTBALL PES 14 info - Fifa has its work cut out. ;)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think I'll get both, the lack of licenses is a huge loss for me and the modes aren't as good as FIFA for me. The ratings are also less accessible for me and they are a big thing for me in sports games.

Graphically PES has always led the way, the gameplay looks solid as usual, just the aforementioned problems that stopped me from jumping ship long ago.

Might stick to PES for kick-off and online and FIFA for UT and Career. I'm sure FIFA will improve both UT and Career a lot.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Bit disappointing it's not on PS4, think I might get this for PC but I doubt my laptop will be able to play it on very high graphics settings.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
All the PES I've played in my life has come from demos in the last couple of years or so and the word unimpressed would be an understatement, the controls felt so clunky and it seemed like the latency was off as well, so we'll see.

I think I'll get both, the lack of licenses is a huge loss for me and the modes aren't as good as FIFA for me. The ratings are also less accessible for me and they are a big thing for me in sports games.

Graphically PES has always led the way, the gameplay looks solid as usual, just the aforementioned problems that stopped me from jumping ship long ago.

Might stick to PES for kick-off and online and FIFA for UT and Career. I'm sure FIFA will improve both UT and Career a lot.

Good, take the bullet for me. :p

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
All the PES I've played in my life has come from demos in the last couple of years or so and the word unimpressed would be an understatement, the controls felt so clunky and it seemed like the latency was off as well, so we'll see.

Good, take the bullet me. :p

For me:D.

And wow I just realised how dumb that post sounds:lol.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If PES 14 is as good as it looks, going back to Fifa 'CG' for CM won't be very easy.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Glad to see that PES has finally worked out a good deal on keepers.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Glad to see that PES has finally worked out a good deal on keepers.

Yep. One thing that has annoyed me about Fifa for a while is the keepers' reaction times are too slow. If you watch a replay, especially with a top keeper, it's blatantly obvious that had they dived sooner they'd have made the save. I'm not sure if PES did the same thing or not but either way improvements appear to have been made. :)

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Sliders could sort that issue of reactions of keepers I guess, that's the strength of Fifa, official gameplay sliders with a good deal of variety.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sliders could sort that issue of reactions of keepers I guess, that's the strength of Fifa, official gameplay sliders with a good deal of variety.

I don't think there's a slider that governs that in Fifa - is there? I could be wrong.

Bevab

Staff Member
No, there isn't, just meant the goalkeeping ability slider in Fifa, that does improve a keeper (at least on professional).

Bevab

Staff Member
Finally, PES has learnt how to do a decent trailer, that video was amazing.

The free-kick dots were disappointing though, I hope it's a optional one, and that it's disabled for online matches.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Finally, PES has learnt how to do a decent trailer, that video was amazing.

The free-kick dots were disappointing though, I hope it's a optional one, and that it's disabled for online matches.

The free kick system is the one and only thing that I'm currently unhappy about regarding PES 14; everything else looks amazing.

Is Barclays PL licensed on PES 14?:tick:

Nope, and never will be unless Konami can break EA's monopoly over the Fifa licencing. Won't happen. ;) However if you're on PC, there will be option files available for d/l pretty much on release, that will provide a fully licenced Premiership. :)

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure those files can be used in the console versions as well.

Users who are viewing this thread