Planet Cricket Tournament Format

Which format do you prefer?

• Total voters

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just said to him that I won't be able to run it as actively as I did the passed season, as I've got my final exams starting in two weeks. I won't be able to post fixtures etc. but I'll still be here. So WC didn't bend it really.

What's worrying, however, is that other people have decided to take matters into their own hands, after I have simply mentioned that I won't be able to have an as active role in the competition for the first half. Now there are people posting threads wanting to re-arrange the competition as if they were running it. Now I really wouldn't have minded if there was some prior discussion, but it kind of makes my efforts feel unwanted and unappreciated.

What happened to communication?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I really don't mind people wanting to help and take-over when I can't get things done, I like it infact it shows people are interested, but please, at least tell me that you're going to do it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WTF? All this is your completely mis-guided opinion of course.

Look at it this way. Say, I play vs Griffo. Who is going to bet? Myself, Griffo (and obviously you :rolleyes:) That is it.

Do you even realise how much effort the vBookie Team put into creating events? You obviously don't, otherwise you wouldn't say that. Grow up and try and get some small grip on reality. Most people have lives outside of PC and I will not be creating however many events just to see a couple of people bet on it, I am too busy for that.

Run off to the admins if you want and moan to them if this is an issue for you

What you think we FC staff don't do our work :rolleyes: You think its way easy ?? . You don't have to do. You are not the only one Vbookie staff here.

Highlander999

ICC President
What you think we FC staff don't do our work :rolleyes: You think its way easy ??

Errr, where the heck did I say that?

You don't have to do. You are not the only one Vbookie staff here.

Use your eyes, I said, I'd contact Rabs and Sean. Jesus :rolleyes:

Leave it there, Avroneel. We're going too far off topic now, so if you wouldn't mind, back on topic please.

Didn't see your post, but I'll leave it here

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Max last season really killed the competition, your intentions were good but clearly the format didnt work as the competition didnt even finish inside the season

I said i only wanted a season break.. doesnt that put me in the same boat as you?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
In terms of the type of format, I prefer the promotion/demotion format.

If there was four in the group would you play each other once or twice?

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Once before change, it allows for more adaptation with the cup runs and we can fit a final in no matter what

Working with people in the past just made life difficult for me, i think anyone who remembers the past knows this

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Max last season really killed the competition, your intentions were good but clearly the format didnt work as the competition didnt even finish inside the season

I said i only wanted a season break.. doesnt that put me in the same boat as you?

Because it didn't finish within the battrick season doesn't mean the format was bad.... I'd ask you to think back, but we used to the competition run over multiple seasons and people had no qualms, it was simple, if you don't like it, don't sign up.

Well in a way yes, but theres no need to let other people take over the running, Jaz can do it.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
These people you speak of arent on the forum anymore, a new more impatient breed have taken over and if the competition is a seasonal thing it will work better for everyone involved.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Suggestion:

Why can't the competition start earlier, and then the teams who last longer in the BT cup enter at a later date? Or a smaller comp is ran (like the shield) while waiting for everyone to be knocked out? A lot of teams will be out by round 4, last season I reach round 9. If that happens again (or someone like Zain lasts that long) teams will (understandably) get frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread